* Inline code in docx
@ 2019-10-14 19:47 Michael Goerz
       [not found] ` <6830270a-fc89-4502-9bdb-cbfdea350960-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Goerz @ 2019-10-14 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

When I have inline "verbatim" code marked with backticks in pandoc markdown
(`code`), and convert to docx, the code appears as normal text. I would
expect the text in the docx to have a style associated with it that
distinguishes it from normal text. I could then modify that style in the
template file (--reference-doc) to use a monospace font.

Am I overlooking some option/extension that I have to enable? I'm not
asking about multi-line code snippets, just inline code.

Thanks,
Michael Goerz

* Re: Inline code in docx
       [not found] ` <6830270a-fc89-4502-9bdb-cbfdea350960-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-10-14 20:12   ` Michael Goerz
From: Michael Goerz @ 2019-10-14 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Ah, never mind. For whatever reason, my template file did not contain a
character style "Verbatim Char" (which is that style name mentioned in the
docs). Adding this character style manually causes pandoc to use it in the
conversion.

On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 3:47:58 PM UTC-4, Michael Goerz wrote:

> When I have inline "verbatim" code marked with backticks in pandoc
> markdown (`code`), and convert to docx, the code appears as normal text. I
> would expect the text in the docx to have a style associated with it that
> distinguishes it from normal text. I could then modify that style in the
> template file (--reference-doc) to use a monospace font.
>
> Am I overlooking some option/extension that I have to enable? I'm not
> asking about multi-line code snippets, just inline code.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael Goerz

* Re: Inline code in docx
       [not found] ` <6830270a-fc89-4502-9bdb-cbfdea350960-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-10-14 20:16   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <yh480kwod7ulpb.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-10-14 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Goerz, pandoc-discuss

It should appear in a monospace font.  Give us exact markdown
text used, exact command line, and pandoc version?

Michael Goerz <michaelgoerz-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> When I have inline "verbatim" code marked with backticks in pandoc markdown
> (`code`), and convert to docx, the code appears as normal text. I would
> expect the text in the docx to have a style associated with it that
> distinguishes it from normal text. I could then modify that style in the
> template file (--reference-doc) to use a monospace font.
>
> Am I overlooking some option/extension that I have to enable? I'm not
> asking about multi-line code snippets, just inline code.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael Goerz
>
> --

* Re: Inline code in docx
       [not found]     ` <yh480kwod7ulpb.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-10-14 20:24       ` Michael Goerz
From: Michael Goerz @ 2019-10-14 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John MacFarlane, pandoc-discuss

It does indeed. I was able to figure out that the problem was with the template file: it did not contain a "Verbatim char" style. Probably because the template wasn't generated by pandoc, but something that I received by email. Adding that style manually solved the problem.