On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 08:39:56PM -0800, John MacFarlane wrote: > +++ Andrea Rossato [Nov 14 10 14:26 ]: > pandoc-types: citationPrefix is now [Inline] rather than String. > citationSuffix has been added (also [Inline]). > > pandoc: updated for changes in the Citation type in pandoc-types. I'm attaching a patch that removes stringify and directly passes [Inline] to citeproc-hs. There's also a small but important fix for the parser, just to remember you to be careful not to pass to citeproc empty content in a non empty list of [Inline]. citeproc will always assume that a non-empty list of inlines will produce some output (this is relevant, for instance, to suppress delimiters when suppressing the author's name). > The pandoc changes don't presuppose any changes in citeproc-hs -- pandoc still > passes raw strings to citeproc. citeproc should be changed to take [Inline] > for CSL.citePrefix and CSL.citeSuffix. I'm guessing this will allow a lot > of code simplification, since citeproc currently uses a custom pandoc-like > structure (OStr, OSpace, etc.). Unfortunately this is not the case: the Output data structure is needed to encode enough information during the evaluation of the style so to be able to process the output to remove ambiguous cites, to add year suffixes, and to collapse citations (actually the most difficult part of the processor code). > With these changes, I can start working on the parser, and Andrea > can work on converting citeproc to use [Inline]. I've already pushed the needed changes to citeproc-hs: the [inline] will be passed back to pandoc as citation affixes. Andrea -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/pandoc-discuss?hl=en.