On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 07:12:54AM -0800, John MacFarlane wrote: > +++ Nathan Gass [Nov 26 10 13:33 ]: > > On 24.11.10 17:09, John MacFarlane wrote: > > >I'm always willing to consider an atomic patch, that makes one > > >surveyable change to the current code base. Just email me the patch, though -- > > >much easier for me than dealing with github. > > > > > >We should probably agree about the issue about commas first, though. > > > > I have attached patches which reproduce the current behavior > > regarding commas. This patch reproduces the old code exactly for the > > given test files. > > > > They would differ on locators which contain markup. AFAIK the old > > code did not parce the markup, and include the symbols verbatim in > > the locator. The new code does not recognize a locator with markup > > and instead leave it in the suffix. So the new code keeps the markup > > in locators, but looses the special locator handling citeproc > > provides. > > > > I can argue for this solution as well as for simply dropping the > > markup (therefore keeping citeprocs locator handling but loosing > > markup in locators). If somebody really wants to include a verbatim > > * or similar in the locator, I think it is more consistent to > > require him to escape it. > > > > Should I provide another patch with some tests for markup inside of > > citations? > > Thanks for the patch. I applied your patches, then rewrote the locator > parsing using Parsec -- this is easier for me to understand and > maintain. The current code also strips formatting from the locator > prefix, as you wanted. > > Note: anyone tracking the development version will need to update > pandoc-types as well. > I'm attaching a patch to introduce a new parameter for the citeproc function: I implemented to output filtering stuff, so if we want multiple bibliographies and bibliographic entry filtering we only need to implement the pandoc side. I fixed the page range formatting. Still the tests will fail, since in some of your recent changes I saw that the suffix lost the initial comma (it used to be ", a suffix" while now it is " a suffix"). This is a pandoc regression, so you'll probably want to fix the suffix parser. If a reference is not found now an error will be produced by the processor. Andrea -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To unsubscribe from this group, send email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/pandoc-discuss?hl=en.