* Making pandoc manpage the same as the README
@ 2012-03-10 15:38 Peng Yu
       [not found] ` <CABrM6wkpL6j_z-EkDSUJeqG95fse0Yprwg_i12JsZtDH7ZgSyA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Peng Yu @ 2012-03-10 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi,

http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html

man pandoc has less material (for example, I don't see "Block
quotations" section in the manpage) than the above README. I think
that it is making sense to make the man page identical to the README.
After all, it is faster to open the man page than to open a web page.

--
Regards,
Peng

* Re: Making pandoc manpage the same as the README
       [not found] ` <CABrM6wkpL6j_z-EkDSUJeqG95fse0Yprwg_i12JsZtDH7ZgSyA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2012-03-10 16:39   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2012-03-10 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Peng Yu [Mar 10 12 09:38 ]:
> Hi,
>
> http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html
>
> man pandoc has less material (for example, I don't see "Block
> quotations" section in the manpage) than the above README. I think
> that it is making sense to make the man page identical to the README.
> After all, it is faster to open the man page than to open a web page.

The material in the README is spread between two man pages:
pandoc.1
and
pandoc_markdown.5

Try 'man pandoc_markdown'.