* Problem with dev install/build on posix-regex
@ 2012-03-26 18:59 Joseph Reagle
       [not found] ` <4F70BC9E.80004-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2012-03-26 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Just tried to do a dev freshen and have the following problem. [This]
should be updated to include `cabal-install regex-posix`.

[this]:
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/wiki/Installing-the-development-version-of-pandoc-1.9/1a590d29a1d493c7e384d182a324cbdd38fe28a2

orb:~/.src/highlighting-kate (master)$ git pull
Already up-to-date.
orb:~/.src/highlighting-kate (master)$ cabal update
Downloading the latest package list from hackage.haskell.org
orb:~/.src/highlighting-kate (master)$ cabal install hxt
Resolving dependencies...
No packages to be installed. All the requested packages are already
installed.
If you want to reinstall anyway then use the --reinstall flag.
orb:~/.src/highlighting-kate (master)$ make prep
rm -rf Text/Highlighting/Kate/Syntax/*
ghc --make -Wall ParseSyntaxFiles.hs  # requires HXT >= 9.0.0

ParseSyntaxFiles.hs:37:8:
     Could not find module `Text.Regex.Posix':
       Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
make: *** [ParseSyntaxFiles] Error 1

* Re: Problem with dev install/build on posix-regex
       [not found] ` <4F70BC9E.80004-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2012-03-26 22:15   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <AB98B487-74CB-4B24-93E1-42B0AE99E2C6-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2012-03-26 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On Mar 26, 2012, at 2:59 PM, Joseph Reagle <joseph.2011-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Just tried to do a dev freshen and have the following problem. [This] should be updated to include `cabal-install regex-posix`.
>
> [this]: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/wiki/Installing-the-development-version-of-pandoc-1.9/1a590d29a1d493c7e384d182a324cbdd38fe28a2

Go ahead and add it - it's a wiki page, after all...

@ 2012-03-27 10:28       ` Joseph Reagle
       [not found]         ` <4F719654.9040703-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2012-03-27 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 03/26/2012 06:15 PM, John MacFarlane wrote:
>> Just tried to do a dev freshen and have the following problem.
>> [This] should be updated to include `cabal-install regex-posix`.
>>
>> [this]:
>> https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/wiki/Installing-the-development-version-of-pandoc-1.9/1a590d29a1d493c7e384d182a324cbdd38fe28a2

Hi John, I would update but I'm unfamiliar with the github wiki and
state of that page. I presume the URL above is to a specific version,
but the more [generic] (latest?) URL doesn't have all the other steps?
(I don't know if all of those steps were removed on purpose?)

[generic]:

@ 2012-03-27 14:35           ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2012-03-27 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Joseph Reagle [Mar 27 12 06:28 ]:
> On 03/26/2012 06:15 PM, John MacFarlane wrote:
> >>Just tried to do a dev freshen and have the following problem.
> >>[This] should be updated to include `cabal-install regex-posix`.
> >>
> >>[this]:
> >>https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/wiki/Installing-the-development-version-of-pandoc-1.9/1a590d29a1d493c7e384d182a324cbdd38fe28a2
>
> Hi John, I would update but I'm unfamiliar with the github wiki and
> state of that page. I presume the URL above is to a specific
> version, but the more [generic] (latest?) URL doesn't have all the
> other steps? (I don't know if all of those steps were removed on
> purpose?)
>
> [generic]: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/wiki/Installing-the-development-version-of-pandoc-1.9/

Ah, yes, they were removed when I released highlighting-kate and Andrea
released citeproc-hs.  Now that these are released, cabal install will
bring them in, and there is no need to install them from source.