* utf-8 character in file path problem
@ 2012-03-30 13:57 Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2012-03-30 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi all,

I just tried to pass Pandoc a bibliography file that had a utf-8 character
in its file path (though not in its name). This caused Pandoc to throw an
error, however, that the file could not be found, even though I was certain
it was there.

After changing the name of the relevant directory to something that doesn't
contain the offending utf-8 character, everything was fine.

FFIW, the relevant part of the pandoc call was:

pandoc [...] --bibliography=/home/joost/Dropbox/Work/Conferences/Tromsø/abstract/references.bib [...]

And the error:

pandoc: Error reading bibliography `/home/joost/Dropbox/Work/Conferences/Tromsø/abstract/references.bib'
fopen: : does not exist (No such file or directory)

I had to change Tromsø to Tromso to get it to work. (Of course, I also had
to rename the directory itself... ;-)

Pandoc doesn't generally have problems with utf characters in its file
paths: I've tested with an input file in the same Tromsø directory and that
was opened fine. So I suspect whatever program is used to process the .bib
file to be the culprit (bibutils?).

BTW, I'm using pandoc 1.9.1.2 on the latest Ubuntu (x86).

TIA

Joost

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-03-30 13:57 UTC | newest]