* HTML templates: output filename
@ 2012-04-03 13:11 zeugs
From: zeugs @ 2012-04-03 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello,

I'm currently preparing a static website where I would like to link to
different output formats of a pandoc file, e.g. PDF and epub, so people can
read the text offline or print it.

I have created an HTML template with placeholders for links to these files,
but cannot find any template variables I could use in this case. The
closest I could find is $title$, but I wouln't want to align title and
filename. Is there a way in pandoc to get the input filename (like
"$sourcefile$") and put it into the generated HTML file?

Regards,
Mathies

* Re: HTML templates: output filename
@ 2012-04-03 17:09 ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2012-04-03 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ zeugs [Apr 03 12 06:11 ]:
>    Hello,
>    I'm currently preparing a static website where I would like to link to
>    different output formats of a pandoc file, e.g. PDF and epub, so people
>    can read the text offline or print it.
>    I have created an HTML template with placeholders for links to these
>    files, but cannot find any template variables I could use in this case.
>    The closest I could find is $title$, but I wouln't want to align title
>    and filename. Is there a way in pandoc to get the input filename (like
>    "$sourcefile$") and put it into the generated HTML file?

You can always make your own custom template with a $sourcefile$
variable, and set it manually using the '-V' or '--variable' flag
from the command line.

In principle pandoc could set such a variable automatically, but
sometimes multiple source files are specified on the command line,
and sometimes input is taken from stdin, so one would have to figure
out what to do in such cases.