* pandoc md to pdf toc
@ 2012-04-05 10:43 GornLives
       [not found] ` <dc1f344a-4909-4b52-9ae7-3955504f565d-AFpSsRkG57+qFmioV6QfyGB/v6IoIuQBVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: GornLives @ 2012-04-05 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

So, since upgrading to 1.9.1.2, when I convert pandoc markdown
directly to pdf via the command line I get a great pdf but no toc in
the pdf viewer. I don't want an actual toc page, but I do want the pdf
search bar to show a toc. It does this when I go from md to tex and
then compile the .tex file in Latex.

I assume there is some command variable I should be using. But "--toc"
gives me an actual toc page, which I don't want. So how do I just get
the PDF toc?

thanks!

* Re: pandoc md to pdf toc
       [not found] ` <dc1f344a-4909-4b52-9ae7-3955504f565d-AFpSsRkG57+qFmioV6QfyGB/v6IoIuQBVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2012-04-05 12:01   ` Axel Kielhorn
From: Axel Kielhorn @ 2012-04-05 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Am 05.04.2012 um 12:43 schrieb GornLives:

> So, since upgrading to 1.9.1.2, when I convert pandoc markdown
> directly to pdf via the command line I get a great pdf but no toc in
> the pdf viewer. I don't want an actual toc page, but I do want the pdf
> search bar to show a toc. It does this when I go from md to tex and
> then compile the .tex file in Latex.
>
> I assume there is some command variable I should be using. But "--toc"
> gives me an actual toc page, which I don't want. So how do I just get
> the PDF toc?

I defined a new command to generate a toc without a toc page:

% Fake a table of contents to get the hyperlinks
\makeatletter
\newcommand\silenttableofcontents{%
      \newwrite\tf@toc
      \immediate\openout\tf@toc \jobname.toc
}
\makeatother

If you

\renewcommand\tableofcontents{%

instead, it should work with the standard \tableofcontents command.

Axel

* Re: pandoc md to pdf toc
       [not found] ` <dc1f344a-4909-4b52-9ae7-3955504f565d-AFpSsRkG57+qFmioV6QfyGB/v6IoIuQBVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2012-04-05 17:41   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2012-04-05 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I've already fixed this problem in the development version.
I plan to put out a new release within the next couple days.

+++ GornLives [Apr 05 12 03:43 ]: