* Does OS X dmg download depend on installed Haskell, and if so
@ 2012-04-05 22:29 John Velman
       [not found] ` <20120405222916.GB371-j9pdmedNgrk@public.gmane.org>
From: John Velman @ 2012-04-05 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

what version?
I'm asking my question for two reasons:

First, I'm running a bit behind on upgrading my Haskell installation, and on my
pandoc installation.  I use pandoc markdown to pdf regularly to make my
various notes and diaries readable.  Can I download the dmg for 1.9.2 with
no problems? (ghci says I'm running GHCi, version 7.0.3).

Also, I notice that an increasing number of people, presumably not from the
Haskell community,  are using pandoc.  I'm currently working on an OS X
application for my own use, but, who knows, if it looks useful enough I
might distribute it somehow.  In this application I intend to use markdown
to either import the model data, or perhaps interpret markdown to insert
new data in the running application.  *IF* I ever distribute it, can I
advise users to install pandoc?  If that would be a big deal for some, I
probably should stick to basic markdown.  (This is purely OSX.  I'm writing
in cocoa objective C, with no intention of porting).

Thanks,

John Velman

* Re: Does OS X dmg download depend on installed Haskell, and if so
       [not found] ` <20120405222916.GB371-j9pdmedNgrk@public.gmane.org>
@ 2012-04-05 22:46   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <D6F04726-1351-4BA8-9FAE-64B389E96507-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2012-04-05 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

No, the binary package doesn't require installed Haskell.

@ 2012-04-05 23:03       ` John Velman
From: John Velman @ 2012-04-05 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 03:46:17PM -0700, John MacFarlane wrote:
> No, the binary package doesn't require installed Haskell.

Great!

[snip]