* How to use equation enviroment in pandoc markdown
@ 2012-10-30  4:04 Elvis Zhou
       [not found] ` <8b6111a5-3fd0-4f63-a9a2-8d4930c8bb9f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Elvis Zhou @ 2012-10-30  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I am using pandoc to convert markdown to pdf via latex compiling. I am
wondering there is anyway to use equation environment or align environment
in markdown file. And if I want to insert a figure with a scaled parameter,
do I need to write a latex statement in markdown file?

* Re: How to use equation enviroment in pandoc markdown
       [not found] ` <8b6111a5-3fd0-4f63-a9a2-8d4930c8bb9f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2012-10-30 16:43   ` John Gabriele
From: John Gabriele @ 2012-10-30 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM, Elvis Zhou <cassyfar-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I am using pandoc to convert markdown to pdf via latex compiling. I am
> wondering there is anyway to use equation environment or align environment
> in markdown file.

Not sure if this is exactly what you're asking about, but note that
you can use single dollar signs $x = y + z$ for inline math and
double-dollars

$$I = \int \rho R^{2} dV$$

for display math. And, though I haven't used it, it looks like you can
include raw LaTeX in your document if you need to (
http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html#raw-tex ).

---John

@ 2012-10-30 17:28   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2012-10-30 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You can use the aligned environment:

$$
\begin{aligned}
...content same as what you'd have in align
\end{aligned}
$$

Right now pandoc doesn't have figure scaling.  You can use raw latex.

+++ Elvis Zhou [Oct 29 12 21:04 ]: