* pandoc-citeproc: unexpected "A"
@ 2013-10-22 20:02 Manolo Martínez
       [not found] ` <20131022200239.GA23808-ZyJ2EflTUO+1wFeQI9VuAFKr0EmMEXJSn9A1Ff6Mc9Q@public.gmane.org>
From: Manolo Martínez @ 2013-10-22 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello,

I've encountered the following problem with pandoc 1.12.1, pandoc-citeproc 0.1.2.1.

When running

    pandoc -s -o paper.pdf paper.pandoc  -N --bibliography=/home/manolo/.pandoc/default.bib --csl /home/manolo/.pandoc/harvard3.csl

I get the following error:

    pandoc-citeproc: "stdin" (line 2876, column 2): unexpected "A" expecting "c", "C", "p", "P", "s" or "S"
    pandoc: Error running filter pandoc-citeproc

This is one arcane error message! Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Manolo

* Re: pandoc-citeproc: unexpected "A"
       [not found] ` <20131022200239.GA23808-ZyJ2EflTUO+1wFeQI9VuAFKr0EmMEXJSn9A1Ff6Mc9Q@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-10-22 20:43   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20131022204340.GA31269-nFAEphtLEs+AA6luYCgp0U1S2cYJDpTV9nwVQlTi/Pw@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2013-10-22 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Go to line 2876 of your bibtex file.  Copy that entry,
the previous one, and the next one and paste them into your reply.
I can probably figure out from that what is going on.

+++ Manolo Martínez [Oct 22 13 22:02 ]:

@ 2013-10-22 21:05       ` Manolo Martínez
       [not found]         ` <20131022210508.GA16442-ZyJ2EflTUO+1wFeQI9VuAFKr0EmMEXJSn9A1Ff6Mc9Q@public.gmane.org>
From: Manolo Martínez @ 2013-10-22 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 10/22/13 at 01:43pm, John MacFarlane wrote:
> Go to line 2876 of your bibtex file.  Copy that entry,
> the previous one, and the next one and paste them into your reply.
> I can probably figure out from that what is going on.

Here they are:

@MISC{Rowlands08,
  author = {Rowlands, M},
  title = {{Teleosemantics}},
  howpublished = {http://host.uniroma3.it/progetti/kant/field/teleo.html},
  year = {2008}
}

@ARTICLE{Rowlands97,
  author = {Rowlands, M},
  title = {{Teleological \{S\}emantics}},
  journal = {Mind},
  year = {1997},
  volume = {106},
  pages = {279--303},
  number = {422}
}

@ARTICLE{Rozin1987,
  author = {P. Rozin and A. E. Fallon},
  title = {A perspective on disgust.},
  journal = {Psychol Rev},
  year = {1987},
  volume = {94},
  pages = {23--41},
  number = {1},
  month = {Jan},
  keywords = {Animals; Eating; Emotions; Food Contamination; Humans; Taste},
  language = {eng},
  medline-pst = {ppublish},
  owner = {manolo},
  pmid = {3823304},
  timestamp = {2013.08.03}
}

Thanks,

@ 2013-10-22 22:44           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <20131022224431.GA3442-nFAEphtLEs+AA6luYCgp0U1S2cYJDpTV9nwVQlTi/Pw@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2013-10-22 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hm.  biblio2yaml had no trouble parsing this.
Can you do

    pandoc-citeproc --version
    biblio2yaml --version

+++ Manolo Martínez [Oct 22 13 23:05 ]:

@ 2013-10-23  5:29               ` Manolo Martínez
       [not found]                 ` <20131023052900.GA2523-ZyJ2EflTUO+1wFeQI9VuAFKr0EmMEXJSn9A1Ff6Mc9Q@public.gmane.org>
From: Manolo Martínez @ 2013-10-23  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 10/22/13 at 03:44pm, John MacFarlane wrote:
> Hm.  biblio2yaml had no trouble parsing this.
> Can you do
>
>     pandoc-citeproc --version
>     biblio2yaml --version

Both 0.1.2.1

@ 2013-10-23 18:05                   ` Thomas Gunzelmann
       [not found]                     ` <ec77fc3f-a1ca-4c91-bcd3-13740e8870b0-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Thomas Gunzelmann @ 2013-10-23 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello,

I do have the same problem:

pandoc --filter pandoc-citeproc --biblio AntragNaumburg.bib --csl
foerster-geisteswissenschaft-tg5.csl -s -o entwurf_gutachten4.html
entwurf_gutachten4.md

pandoc-citeproc: "stdin" (line 545, column 2):
unexpected "B"
expecting "c", "C", "p", "P", "s" or "S"

The same error with only three articles in the bib-file.

My machine: Linux Debian Sid
pandoc-citeproc 0.1.2.1
biblio2yaml 0.1.2.1

Best Regards
Tom

@ 2013-10-23 20:54                       ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                         ` <20131023205433.GA10149-0VdLhd/A9Pm0ooXD8Eul3bXfOISmNSxKTVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2013-10-23 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Can you send a bib file that allows me to reproduce the problem?

Also, can you try biblio2yaml AntragNaumburg.bib and see if that
produces the same error?

+++ Thomas Gunzelmann [Oct 23 13 11:05 ]:

@ 2013-10-24  6:09                           ` Manolo Martínez
       [not found]                             ` <20131024060907.GA16363-ZyJ2EflTUO+1wFeQI9VuAFKr0EmMEXJSn9A1Ff6Mc9Q@public.gmane.org>
From: Manolo Martínez @ 2013-10-24  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

biblio2yaml produces the same error on this one.

Manolo

On 10/23/13 at 01:54pm, John MacFarlane wrote:
> Can you send a bib file that allows me to reproduce the problem?
>
> Also, can you try biblio2yaml AntragNaumburg.bib and see if that
> produces the same error?
>
> +++ Thomas Gunzelmann [Oct 23 13 11:05 ]:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I do have the same problem:
> >
> > pandoc --filter pandoc-citeproc --biblio AntragNaumburg.bib --csl
> > foerster-geisteswissenschaft-tg5.csl -s -o entwurf_gutachten4.html
> > entwurf_gutachten4.md
> >
> > pandoc-citeproc: "stdin" (line 545, column 2):
> > unexpected "B"
> > expecting "c", "C", "p", "P", "s" or "S"
> >
> > The same error with only three articles in the bib-file.
> >
> > My machine: Linux Debian Sid
> > pandoc-citeproc 0.1.2.1
> > biblio2yaml 0.1.2.1
> >

> > Best Regards
> > Tom

> > > Both 0.1.2.1
> > >

> > --

[-- Attachment #2: example.bib --]
[-- Type: text/x-bibtex, Size: 2475 bytes --]

@ARTICLE{Zahavi1975,
  author = {A. Zahavi},
  title = {Mate Selection -- Selection for a Handicap},
  journal = {Journal of Theoretical Biology},
  year = {1975},
  volume = {53},
  pages = {205--214},
  owner = {manolo},
  quality = {1},
  timestamp = {2013.07.22}
}

@ARTICLE{Zald1997,
  author = {D. H. Zald and J. V. Pardo},
  title = {Emotion, olfaction, and the human amygdala: amygdala activation during
	aversive olfactory stimulation.},
  journal = {Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A},
  year = {1997},
  volume = {94},
  pages = {4119--4124},
  number = {8},
  month = {Apr},
  __markedentry = {[manolo:6]},
  abstract = {Electrophysiologic and lesion studies of animals increasingly implicate
	the amygdala in aspects of emotional processing. Yet, the functions
	of the human amygdala remain poorly understood. To examine the contributions
	of the amygdala and other limbic and paralimbic regions to emotional
	processing, we exposed healthy subjects to aversive olfactory stimuli
	while measuring regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF) with positron
	emission tomography. Exposure to a highly aversive odorant produced
	strong rCBF increases in both amygdalae and in the left orbitofrontal
	cortex. Exposure to less aversive odorants produced rCBF increases
	in the orbitofrontal cortex but not in the amygdala. Change of rCBF
	within the left amygdala and the left OFC was highly intercorrelated,
	indicating a strong functional interaction between these brain regions.
	Furthermore, the activity within the left amygdala was associated
	significantly with subjective ratings of perceived aversiveness.
	These findings provide evidence that the human amygdala participates
	in the hedonic or emotional processing of olfactory stimuli.},
  institution = {Cognitive Neuroimaging Unit, Psychiatry Service, Veterans Affairs
	Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA.},
  keywords = {Adult; Amygdala, blood supply/physiology; Cerebrovascular Circulation;
	Emotions; Female; Humans; Middle Aged; Smell; Tomography, Emission-Computed},
  language = {eng},
  medline-pst = {ppublish},
  owner = {manolo},
  pmid = {9108115},
  timestamp = {2013.08.06}
}

@ARTICLE{Zalta2000,
  author = {Zalta, EN},
  title = {{The road between pretense theory and abstract object theory}},
  journal = {Empty Names, Fiction and the Puzzles of Non-},
  year = {2000},
  pages = {117--147},
  url = {http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.76.7085\&amp;rep=rep1\&amp;type=pdf}
}

@ 2013-10-24  7:04                               ` Nick Bart
       [not found]                                 ` <b212c6ef-99a2-445e-b675-39beddef665f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Nick Bart @ 2013-10-24  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Remove the two underscores from
  __markedentry = {[manolo:6]},
and the error's gone.
(_markedentry gives an error, too, while marked_entry or marked__entry
don't.)

@ 2013-10-24  8:00                                   ` Manolo Martínez
       [not found]                                     ` <20131024080018.GA17967-ZyJ2EflTUO+1wFeQI9VuAFKr0EmMEXJSn9A1Ff6Mc9Q@public.gmane.org>
From: Manolo Martínez @ 2013-10-24  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Yes, I had just noticed that. Thanks.

__markedentry appears to be a field used by JabRef internally -- see
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=27056539. It's probably
useful to make biblio2yaml simply ignore it.

Manolo

@ 2013-10-24 16:06                                       ` Thomas Gunzelmann
       [not found]                                         ` <6290a79d-76af-4adc-bf9c-23a1d473ce62-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Thomas Gunzelmann @ 2013-10-24 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello Groups,

without __markedentry it works, but the next stop is at:

@MISC{,
  title = {Programme of {ESSHC}},
  howpublished =
{http://www2.iisg.nl/esshc/programme.asp?pap=5203\&selyear=9},
  file = {Programme of
ESSHC:D:\Thomas.Gunzelmann\zotero\storage\WK878VDM\programme.html:text/html},
  url = {http://www2.iisg.nl/esshc/programme.asp?pap=5203&selyear=9},
  urldate = {2012-06-25}

pandoc-citeproc: "stdin" (line 996, column 2):
unexpected "M"
expecting "c", "C", "p", "P", "s" or "S"
pandoc: Error running filter pandoc-citeproc

What can I do?

Best Regards

Thomas

@ 2013-10-24 16:30                                           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                                             ` <20131024163036.GA21025-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2013-10-24 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Well, here you've got an empty bibliography key:

@MISC{,

don't you want something like

@MISC{essh,

?

+++ Thomas Gunzelmann [Oct 24 13 09:06 ]:

@ 2013-10-24 16:35                                       ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2013-10-24 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I'll change the parser so that it no longer requires fields
to start with a letter.

+++ Manolo Martínez [Oct 24 13 10:00 ]:

@ 2013-10-24 16:40                                               ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2013-10-24 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

It seems that bibtex actually allows empty keys, so I'll
relax the parser here as well.

+++ John MacFarlane [Oct 24 13 09:30 ]: