* Longtable and \endhead
@ 2013-10-25 12:34 Ralf Findeisen
       [not found] ` <738b027e-ed65-495a-ba7c-586359d6a615-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Ralf Findeisen @ 2013-10-25 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I have a table which would go over a page boundary. This is per se not a
problem with \longtable as produced by Pandoc. To get headers again on the
separate the header from the table (according to the longtable docs). It
does not do this though. How would I convince Pandoc to insert \endhead or
to get repeatring headers on tables spanning pages? I am by no means a
Latex expert and would also welcom another solution for this issue.

I use Pandoc V1.12.0.2.

Regards

Ralf

* Re: Longtable and \endhead
       [not found] ` <738b027e-ed65-495a-ba7c-586359d6a615-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-10-25 16:53   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20131025165330.GA41641-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2013-10-25 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

There's no easy way I can think of.  You could try inserting literal
LaTeX \endhead in the first cell of the table body.   It should be
passed through verbatim to the LaTeX, but it might not occur in the
right place.  Try it.

I could make it the default to insert \endhead or \endfirsthead after
the header.  Do people have opinions on whether this would be good?

+++ Ralf Findeisen [Oct 25 13 05:34 ]:
> Hi,
>
> I have a table which would go over a page boundary. This is per se not a
> problem with \longtable as produced by Pandoc. To get headers again on the
> separate the header from the table (according to the longtable docs). It
> does not do this though. How would I convince Pandoc to insert \endhead or
> to get repeatring headers on tables spanning pages? I am by no means a
> Latex expert and would also welcom another solution for this issue.
>
> I use Pandoc V1.12.0.2.
>
> Regards
>
> Ralf
>
> --