* VERY BASIC QUESTION: will not convert to html
@ 2013-10-27  4:28 Julie Charbonnier
       [not found] ` <601c788d-0569-4693-bbaa-f2cd79c96e4d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Julie Charbonnier @ 2013-10-27  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/getting-started.html

I am following the guide to the letter, but when I try to create an html
file:

Hello *pandoc*!

- one
- two

When you’re finished, type Ctrl-D on OS X or Linux, or Ctrl-Z on Windows.
You should now see your text converted to HTML!

I get stuck. I have tried hitting Ctrl-Z and typing it and nothing happens.
I have to close the program to get the interface to respond at all.

What am I doing wrong?

I am sorry this is such  a basic question.

* Re: VERY BASIC QUESTION: will not convert to html
       [not found] ` <601c788d-0569-4693-bbaa-f2cd79c96e4d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-10-27  4:40   ` Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
       [not found]     ` <CA+u6gbyRKtnMFNB+6acsdEfbUGe2kk8AtvixjqVhJwu0LJKHag-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Ivan Lazar Miljenovic @ 2013-10-27  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 27 October 2013 15:28, Julie Charbonnier <charbonnier.julie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/getting-started.html
>
> I am following the guide to the letter, but when I try to create an html
> file:
>
> Hello *pandoc*!
>
> - one
> - two
>
> When you’re finished, type Ctrl-D on OS X or Linux, or Ctrl-Z on Windows.
> You should now see your text converted to HTML!
>

> I get stuck. I have tried hitting Ctrl-Z and typing it and nothing happens.
> I have to close the program to get the interface to respond at all.
>

> What am I doing wrong?
>

> I am sorry this is such  a basic question.

You're doing this within pandoc running at the command-line, right?

This is what I get in my terminal:

~~~
ivan@Sniper tmp $pandoc
Hello *pandoc*!

- one
- two
<ul>
<li>one</li>
<li>two</li>
</ul>
~~~

> --

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com

@ 2013-10-27 14:07       ` Julie Charbonnier
From: Julie Charbonnier @ 2013-10-27 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thanks so much for replying.

I am using Windows Powershell in Windows 7.

By the way, I've verified pandoc is properly installed.

@ 2013-10-27 19:53   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2013-10-27 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Julie Charbonnier [Oct 26 13 21:28 ]:
> http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/getting-started.html
>
> I am following the guide to the letter, but when I try to create an html
> file:
>
> Hello *pandoc*!
>
> - one
> - two
>
> When you’re finished, type Ctrl-D on OS X or Linux, or Ctrl-Z on Windows.
> You should now see your text converted to HTML!
>

> I get stuck. I have tried hitting Ctrl-Z and typing it and nothing happens.
> I have to close the program to get the interface to respond at all.

What do you mean, close the program?  What do you do to close the
program?

@ 2013-10-28  1:55   ` EBkysko
       [not found]     ` <fcebbcc3-6dd2-4ef3-b5f6-c384fce0a030-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: EBkysko @ 2013-10-28  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

After writing "two", press Enter, then Ctrl-Z, then Enter.
i.e. the Ctrl-Z should be on its own line, and should be followed by Enter.

Also, you can do this also in the Command Line (cmd), as well as Power
Shell.

@ 2013-10-28 14:15       ` Julie Charbonnier
       [not found]         ` <e668f894-f19d-4c98-8e72-cc35c62357b1-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Julie Charbonnier @ 2013-10-28 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thank you so much! I was pressing Ctrl-Z and then not pressing Enter.

I am completely new at this... so thanks again!

@ 2013-10-28 14:42           ` John Gabriele
From: John Gabriele @ 2013-10-28 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw