* MathJax, http, and https
@ 2014-11-21 19:21 Dan Drake
       [not found] ` <3a8d1402-8d1f-434f-835e-4743d384aef8-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Dan Drake @ 2014-11-21 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

When I convert to HTML (specifically, reveal.js) using --mathjax, it looks
like Pandoc always uses a link with "http://". This causes problems when
you serve the resulting HTML over https; modern browsers refuse to follow
the http link to avoid man-in-the-middle attacks. The MathJax documentation
[1] recommends using a "protocol agnostic" link that just starts with "//".
It looks like Pandoc should do this to avoid problems when serving HTML
securely.

Thanks!

Dan

[1]:
http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/misc/faq.html#how-do-i-access-the-mathjax-cdn-using-a-https-secure-connection

* Re: MathJax, http, and https
       [not found] ` <3a8d1402-8d1f-434f-835e-4743d384aef8-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-11-22  6:49   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2014-11-22  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Dan Drake [Nov 21 14 11:21 ]:
>Hi,
>
>When I convert to HTML (specifically, reveal.js) using --mathjax, it looks
>like Pandoc always uses a link with "http://". This causes problems when
>you serve the resulting HTML over https; modern browsers refuse to follow
>the http link to avoid man-in-the-middle attacks. The MathJax documentation
>[1] recommends using a "protocol agnostic" link that just starts with "//".
>It looks like Pandoc should do this to avoid problems when serving HTML
>securely.

You can specify whatever URL you like using --mathjax=URL.
The reason we don't use '//' in the default template is that it
messes up the ability to use mathjax in files you're previewing
locally (since then it resolves to file://).

John