* A filter to use linguex.sty for LaTeX numbered example lists
@ 2014-12-28 14:29 Thomas Hodgson
       [not found] ` <d801617b-98cd-4327-a94d-1c3d950a7f0e-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Thomas Hodgson @ 2014-12-28 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I have been wondering whether it would be possible to write a filter that
would render numbered example lists in LaTeX output using a package such as
linguex.sty <http://www.ctan.org/pkg/linguex>. I think I could write a
filter that replaced OrderedLists marked as Examples with the right LaTeX
output. (Although I haven't actually done it yet.) I'm not sure where to
start on the question of cross references. In LaTeX I would put a `\label`
command in the example and a `\ref` command to refer to it. When I look at
the AST for a file with numbered examples I see that there is already the
text of the required label e.g. (1), (2). So it doesn't look like there's
anything that can be manipulated with a filter. If so, I don't think
there's much point in going to the trouble of writing the first bit of the
filter. Am I right in thinking that?