* Using Pandoc interactively on Windows: ^D does not work?
@ 2015-01-15 15:18 kurt.pfeifle-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg
       [not found] ` <f01a8d51-2032-4107-ba09-78779927f892-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: kurt.pfeifle-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg @ 2015-01-15 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Yesterday I had the opportunity to test Pandoc on a Windows 7 cmd.exe
window.

After installing Miktex and Pandoc and setting up %PATH%, I tried to use it
interactively:

pandoc -t html

# head

para

^D

But the effect I’m used to from Mac OS X or Linux (Pandoc printing the HTML
code to the cmd.exe window and returning the normal prompt) did not happen.
Pandoc kept running, nothing happened.

Isn’t it possible to run Pandoc interactively? Do I need a different key
shortcut (not [ctrl]+[D]) ?
​

* Re: Using Pandoc interactively on Windows: ^D does not work?
       [not found] ` <f01a8d51-2032-4107-ba09-78779927f892-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-01-15 15:27   ` Shahbaz Youssefi
From: Shahbaz Youssefi @ 2015-01-15 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

As you may have noticed, windows is not very posix friendly. Not sure if it
was an intentional business decision to deviate from every single standard
there is, or plain stupidity, but the end result is the same.

CTRL+D is not end of file in cmd.exe. [CTRL+Z might work though](
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-of-file).

@ 2015-01-15 15:32   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-01-15 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Ctrl-Z at beginning of a line should work.

+++ kurt.pfeifle-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org [Jan 15 15 07:18 ]: