* Converting TeX to html using pandoc?
@ 2015-01-27 13:49 Victorious
       [not found] ` <5736cccf-c88b-4467-88ee-9194eec2c10c-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Victorious @ 2015-01-27 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi

I'm trying to convert a TeX file (prepared using TeX, not LaTeX) into html.
However, i'm getting the following error:
Error at "source" (line 37, column 28):
unexpected "\n"
expecting "{" or "\\"
\def\rule{\noalign{\hrule}}
I know that TeX isn't listed as a supported input format, but since LaTeX
is a superset of TeX, I hope to get it to work. Does anyone have any
suggestions on how I can do this (maybe converting from TeX into LaTeX) or
whether it can be added as a supported format in a future update?
Thanks

* Re: Converting TeX to html using pandoc?
       [not found] ` <5736cccf-c88b-4467-88ee-9194eec2c10c-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-01-27 14:15   ` Francesco Ariis
       [not found]     ` <20150127141517.GA8791-p+vx5XHsZ4j3fQ9qLvQP4Q@public.gmane.org>
From: Francesco Ariis @ 2015-01-27 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 05:49:14AM -0800, Victorious wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to convert a TeX file (prepared using TeX, not LaTeX) into html.
> [..]
> I know that TeX isn't listed as a supported input format, but since LaTeX
> is a superset of TeX, I hope to get it to work. [..]

Never dived in the pandoc code, but LaTeX is a _collection of macros_ over
TeX and since those macros are semantic, I fear the task won't be simple.

@ 2015-01-27 16:06       ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-01-27 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Francesco Ariis [Jan 27 15 15:15 ]:
>On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 05:49:14AM -0800, Victorious wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm trying to convert a TeX file (prepared using TeX, not LaTeX) into html.
>> [..]
>> I know that TeX isn't listed as a supported input format, but since LaTeX
>> is a superset of TeX, I hope to get it to work. [..]
>
>Never dived in the pandoc code, but LaTeX is a _collection of macros_ over
>TeX and since those macros are semantic, I fear the task won't be simple.

Right.  Pandoc interprets the LaTeX macros directly, not be converting
them into TeX primitives.  So you won't have much success converting
plain TeX.