* Pass variables to ODT template
@ 2015-06-15 10:47 Xavier Belanche Alonso
       [not found] ` <35e33289-d4ff-4bda-ad57-44636b3a3ffb-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Xavier Belanche Alonso @ 2015-06-15 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

If I do this

pandoc input.md —template=mydefault. <http://pandoc.org/demo/mytemplate.tex>opendocument
—reference-odt=myreference.odt —variable author=My Name And Surname -o
output.pdf <http://pandoc.org/demo/example14.pdf>

<http://pandoc.org/demo/example14.pdf>It gives me an error: it doesn't
recognize the "variable" argument. Well, my goal is to pass values to the
set of variables defined on the opendocument template. In fact, the default
opendocument template
(https://github.com/jgm/pandoc-templates/blob/master/default.opendocument)
includes such variables like "author", "date", "title"...

Maybe I'm doing a mistake or maybe is not supported :( but I'd appreciate
some help :)

Thanks in advance
​

* Re: Pass variables to ODT template
       [not found] ` <35e33289-d4ff-4bda-ad57-44636b3a3ffb-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-06-15 12:10   ` Xavier Belanche Alonso
From: Xavier Belanche Alonso @ 2015-06-15 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Okay, just googled a little more and I found the solution: using metadata
instead of variable

--metadata=title:A title

Btw I have a more questions... anyone knows how can I call differents
$header-includes$ or $include-before$ as well?

Thanks!

@ 2015-06-16 10:57   ` kurt.pfeifle-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg
       [not found]     ` <8b345e1c-470c-4fad-a90c-7ca108bc6892-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: kurt.pfeifle-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg @ 2015-06-16 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Am Montag, 15. Juni 2015 12:47:02 UTC+2 schrieb Xavier Belanche Alonso:

If I do this

> pandoc input.md —template=mydefault.
> <http://pandoc.org/demo/mytemplate.tex>opendocument —reference-odt=
> myreference.odt —variable author=My Name And Surname -o output.pdf
> <http://pandoc.org/demo/example14.pdf>
>
> <http://pandoc.org/demo/example14.pdf>It gives me an error: it doesn't
> recognize the "variable" argument. Well, my goal is to pass values to the
> set of variables defined on the opendocument template. In fact, the default
> opendocument template (
> https://github.com/jgm/pandoc-templates/blob/master/default.opendocument)
> includes such variables like "author", "date", "title"...
>
> Maybe I'm doing a mistake or maybe is not supported :( but I'd appreciate
> some help :)

I haven’t checked the details of the ODT template.

But your command uses the long parameter names — which means you’ll have to
use double-dashes: --template=... and --variable (not -template=... and
-variable). (Not sure if Pandoc would possibly tolerate single dashes too,
haven’t tested this yet. After all, it also tolerates to replace the = by
blanks…)

​

​

@ 2015-06-16 11:06       ` Xavier Belanche Alonso
       [not found]         ` <4aad9367-09b9-4b27-b71c-7e5086e3d387-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Xavier Belanche Alonso @ 2015-06-16 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Sorry man,

That was a typo of the first post: I'm using double dashes instead of long
dashes.

Btw, I solved passing a simple YAML header with metadata variables. That's
works well.

The problem now is if there's a way to passing some metadata values to the
header and footer of the document. I think at the moment could be difficult
to achieve: ODT internals separates headers and footer in one file
(styles.xml) and document body to content.xml (that's the result of the
template if I'm not wrong)

@ 2015-06-16 11:25   ` Xavier Belanche Alonso
       [not found]     ` <fe96494a-d0e0-406c-bb2d-a6308196e1ab-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Xavier Belanche Alonso @ 2015-06-16 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On the other hand I can't figure out how it works variable like with ODT
default template:

* header-includes
* include-before
* include-after
*...

maybe is that it's not supported on ODT format?

@ 2015-06-16 18:14           ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-06-16 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Use quotes around anything with spaces

    --variable author="My name and surname"

+++ Xavier Belanche Alonso [Jun 16 15 04:06 ]:

@ 2015-06-16 18:15       ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]         ` <20150616181518.GG41913-bi+AKbBUZKbivNSvqvJHCtPlBySK3R6THiGdP5j34PU@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-06-16 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

For ODT, the relevant template is opendocument.
(reference.odt is also used, but the underlying format is opendocument
and there is a template with variables)

+++ Xavier Belanche Alonso [Jun 16 15 04:25 ]:

@ 2015-06-17  6:38           ` Xavier Belanche Alonso
       [not found]             ` <CAFNEGTYbD-XT6Bbp0BoxeG7GxBSxW3snQRi=gaiEfka_iBnuMA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Xavier Belanche Alonso @ 2015-06-17  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thanks John

I solved the issue of passing variables like "author", "title" or "date"
that they are defined on the opendocument template. My question now if some
other variables like $include-before$ or $include-after$ are functional
with ODT format. My last question is if there's is a right way to pass
variables ("author" i.e.) to the header or footer of the ODT document.

Thanks in advance

@ 2015-06-17  8:09               ` Xavier Belanche Alonso
From: Xavier Belanche Alonso @ 2015-06-17  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Another issue: only works default headers and footers. If you defined a
firs-page header/footer at the reference odt it doesn't work =(

@ 2015-06-17 22:39               ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-06-17 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Just look at the opendocument template, and you can see
which variables are defined.

+++ Xavier Belanche Alonso [Jun 17 15 06:38 ]: