* using minutes.sty
@ 2015-07-23  3:44 Harry
       [not found] ` <a8c07c7e-92cc-4d83-9095-607daa05ad53-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Harry @ 2015-07-23  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I want to parse Latex to markdown while using \usepackage{minutes} , but it
seems that pandoc does not know the environments that minute.sty provides.
Is there any workaround?

* Re: using minutes.sty
       [not found] ` <a8c07c7e-92cc-4d83-9095-607daa05ad53-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-07-23 16:17   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20150723161734.GE31766-nFAEphtLEs/fysO+viCLMa55KtNWUUjk@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-07-23 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You could try putting minute.sty in your working directory;
pandoc will then attempt to parse its macro definitions.
If they are bog standard latex macro definitions, this might
work, but anything remotely fancy (and certainly plain tex)
will not.

Otherwise, you could try writing a tex file that defines
boring macros to transform minutes stuff into something
standard, and put that on your command line together with
your source file.

+++ Harry [Jul 22 15 20:44 ]:
>   I want to parse Latex to markdown while using \usepackage{minutes} ,
>   but it seems that pandoc does not know the environments that minute.sty
>   provides.
>   Is there any workaround?
>
>   --
>   To view this discussion on the web visit
>   [3]https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/a8c07c7e-92cc-4d83-
>   9095-607daa05ad53%40googlegroups.com.
>
>References

>   2. mailto:pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
>   3. https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/a8c07c7e-92cc-4d83-9095-607daa05ad53-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
>   4. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

* Re: using minutes.sty
       [not found]     ` <20150723161734.GE31766-nFAEphtLEs/fysO+viCLMa55KtNWUUjk@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-08-05 22:44       ` Harry
       [not found]         ` <4d86dea1-59c5-42a2-8878-fa9db85ae093-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Harry @ 2015-08-05 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have tried to put the minutes.sty with the directory but then pandoc
crashes. (it is not responing anymore)

This is the file
############################
\documentclass[10pt,paper=a4,DIV=12]{scrreprt}
\usepackage{minutes}

\begin{document}
\begin{Minutes}{Protokoll}

\maketitle

% here it crashes
\vote{who wants candy}{2}{5}{2}

\end{Minutes}
\end{document}
############################

the command \vote lets pandoc work for ever.
Thanks for any help.

@ 2015-08-06 19:50           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <20150806195004.GB4492-nFAEphtLEs/fysO+viCLMa55KtNWUUjk@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-08-06 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

minutes.sty uses some tex primitives, so it won't help.
Not sure why it is hanging, though.

+++ Harry [Aug 05 15 15:44 ]:

* Re: using minutes.sty
       [not found]             ` <20150806195004.GB4492-nFAEphtLEs/fysO+viCLMa55KtNWUUjk@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-08-07 22:17               ` Harry
       [not found]                 ` <d554c724-8997-492b-b14f-d68337c6ede4-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Harry @ 2015-08-07 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

How can I track what pandoc is doing during the parsing, especially when it
is in the infinite loop?
What is spezial about tex primitives that they are not supported?
Is \gdef one of them?, because:
"\gdef\min@voteT{something}" from the minutes.sty seems not to be right
parsed. It seems pandoc things the command ends after the @.
How can I get pandoc to execute \gdef and others?

@ 2015-08-27 15:15                   ` Harry
       [not found]                     ` <d69b8284-b8b8-433d-8c57-ab754c63d0c4-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Harry @ 2015-08-27 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Does nobody know anything of it?

@ 2015-08-27 19:25                       ` John MACFARLANE
       [not found]                         ` <20150827192546.GD66925-4kKid1p5UN4xFjuZnxJpBp3lxR28IOakuDuwTybUTCk@public.gmane.org>
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2015-08-27 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

The problem is that tex can redefine symbols to have
different behaviors -- e.g. @ can be redefined to work
like a letter, and that's what is happening here.

This is why they say "it takes tex to parse tex."

Pandoc does as well as it can, but doing perfectly
would require rewriting tex in Haskell.

* Re: using minutes.sty
@ 2015-08-27 22:24                           ` Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
       [not found]                             ` <CA+u6gbwWn-JgO-08RXh_1TPU-yA4u-WrcO1tfpBUS9xXmdgRYQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Ivan Lazar Miljenovic @ 2015-08-27 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

e.g. https://github.com/Daniel-Diaz/HaTeX

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/20150827192546.GD66925%40D25Q40BGFY13.Berkeley.EDU.

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com

* Re: using minutes.sty
@ 2015-08-29 14:14                               ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-08-29 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Ivan Lazar Miljenovic [Aug 28 15 08:24 ]:
>On 28 August 2015 at 05:25, John MACFARLANE <jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> The problem is that tex can redefine symbols to have
>> different behaviors -- e.g. @ can be redefined to work
>> like a letter, and that's what is happening here.
>>
>> This is why they say "it takes tex to parse tex."
>>
>> Pandoc does as well as it can, but doing perfectly
>> would require rewriting tex in Haskell.
>
>e.g. https://github.com/Daniel-Diaz/HaTeX

That's not a full TeX parser, last I checked anyway.
For example, it fails if you do stuff with \makeatletter.