* From markdown to markdown, resolving bibliography
@ 2015-10-02 12:19 Manolo Martínez
From: Manolo Martínez @ 2015-10-02 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Dear all,

I sometimes need to submit a text version of a paper (say, a long
abstract for a conference), and I miss an option to convert my markdown
file back to markdown, while resolving my citation markup. That is,
while converting [@Key] to (Author, year), and adding a line for that
paper at the end of the document, as one gets in LaTeX and html.

Is this something people do? Perhaps someone could share a filter that
does this?

Thanks,
Manolo

* Re: From markdown to markdown, resolving bibliography
@ 2015-10-03  7:17 ` Matthias Hüning
       [not found]   ` <97526374-6ff4-4152-a04b-858a33dfddb4-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Matthias Hüning @ 2015-10-03  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Did you try
pandoc -f markdown -t markdown-citations

- Matthias

@ 2015-10-03  7:44     ` Manolo Martínez
       [not found]       ` <20151003074444.GA8720-ATBnwnkP+pFSq9BJjBFyUp/QNRX+jHPU@public.gmane.org>
From: Manolo Martínez @ 2015-10-03  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 10/03/15 at 12:17am, Matthias Hüning wrote:
> Did you try
> pandoc -f markdown -t markdown-citations
>
> - Matthias

Huh, I didn't know about that, thanks. That option is not documented, is
it?

I'd rather not have references in a <div> context (after all, the output
is supposed to be markdown), but I'm sure I can deal with that with a
filter.

Thanks again,
Manolo

@ 2015-10-03 23:37         ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]           ` <20151003233754.GB53129-jF64zX8BO08aTFSqC7bH4WZHpeb/A1Y/@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-10-03 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Manolo Martínez [Oct 03 15 09:44 ]:
>On 10/03/15 at 12:17am, Matthias Hüning wrote:
>> Did you try
>> pandoc -f markdown -t markdown-citations
>>
>> - Matthias
>

>Huh, I didn't know about that, thanks. That option is not documented, is
>it?

It is, sort of:

Under -f/--from:
Markdown syntax extensions can be individually enabled or
disabled by appending +EXTENSION or -EXTENSION to the format
name, as described above under -f.

And then http://pandoc.org/README.html#citations

>I'd rather not have references in a <div> context (after all, the output
>is supposed to be markdown), but I'm sure I can deal with that with a
>filter.

Or:

    pandoc -t markdown-native_divs-raw_html-citations

@ 2015-10-04  6:32             ` Manolo Martínez
From: Manolo Martínez @ 2015-10-04  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 10/03/15 at 04:37pm, John MacFarlane wrote:
> +++ Manolo Martínez [Oct 03 15 09:44 ]:

> >I'd rather not have references in a <div> context (after all, the output
> >is supposed to be markdown), but I'm sure I can deal with that with a
> >filter.
>
> Or:
>
>    pandoc -t markdown-native_divs-raw_html-citations

That is perfect. Thanks, John.

Manolo