* Converting from tex to docx results in linked images
@ 2015-11-12 19:24 Emma Schwager
       [not found] ` <85935a58-db70-4e99-80bc-c8fc0bb16878-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Emma Schwager @ 2015-11-12 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm new to pandoc, and am trying to convert a .tex file to a .docx. It
works very well using
pandoc -s Writeup.tex -o Writeup.docx
I can see the figures when I open Writeup.docx, but if I send the document
to someone else, the images don't appear.; this makes me think the images
are linked rather than embedded in the Word file. Any suggestions on how to
make the document include the figures when transported would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Emma

* Re: Converting from tex to docx results in linked images
       [not found] ` <85935a58-db70-4e99-80bc-c8fc0bb16878-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-11-12 21:18   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20151112211839.GB60445-jF64zX8BO091tJRe0FUodcM6rOWSkUom@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-11-12 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Emma,

Pandoc does include the images rather than linking -- at
least, it should.  You can see whether the images are in
fact included in the docx container by unzipping it with
the "unzip" command:

    unzip -d mydoc mydoc.docx

The included images should be in mydoc/word/media/.

What version of pandoc are you using?  And, what
versions of Word are you and your collaborators using?

+++ Emma Schwager [Nov 12 15 11:24 ]:

@ 2015-11-13 14:09       ` Emma Schwager
       [not found]         ` <57970f54-0d40-4be0-a018-9a6a394a4316-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Emma Schwager @ 2015-11-13 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thank you so much for your quick response!  I converted one of the input
images to .png and re-ran pandoc, and I discovered that .png image appears
but the remaining .pdf images do not.
However, when I check the unzipped .docx container, the /word/media
directory contains both .png and .pdf files.

This might possibly be because when I run pandoc I get the error
pandoc: Could not determine image size in `figures/figure2/Figure2.pdf':
could not determine PDF size

The version of pandoc that I'm using is 1.15.1, and the Word version I'm
using is 14.5.5. I would need to check with my collaborators what Word
versions they are using.

@ 2015-11-13 23:35           ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-11-13 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw