* ANN: pandoc 1.15.1
@ 2015-10-16 17:17 John MacFarlane
       [not found] ` <20151016171741.GA34974-jF64zX8BO08aTFSqC7bH4WZHpeb/A1Y/@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-10-16 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw,
	pandoc-announce-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 1.15.1.

It is available as usual on Hackage, and binary packages
for OSX, Windows, and 64-bit linux can be found at
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/1.15.1

A list of changes can be found here:
http://pandoc.org/releases.html

Those who install from source may now use either cabal
or stack.

Some highlights of this release include:

- A new reader for the ODT format.

- More consistent handling of languages: setting the
  `lang` metadata variable with a value in BCP47 format
  (e.g., `en_US`) will now work in all output formats.

- Support for bidirectional text output in XeLaTeX,
  ConTeXt, and HTML/EPUB.

Thanks to all who contributed, and especially to MarLinn
for the ODT reader; to Ophir Lifshitz for many improvements
to the readers; and to mb21, Nick Bart, and Andrew
Dunning for their work on improving language support.

* Re: ANN: pandoc 1.15.1
       [not found] ` <20151016171741.GA34974-jF64zX8BO08aTFSqC7bH4WZHpeb/A1Y/@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-10-18  1:58   ` dmccunney
       [not found]     ` <CAF4AJDx7mpk=+vJLCRkjzqZuantOPtud4P06ELqTAT4mP+a+kQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: dmccunney @ 2015-10-18  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 1:17 PM, John MacFarlane <jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 1.15.1.
>
> It is available as usual on Hackage, and binary packages
> for OSX, Windows, and 64-bit linux can be found at
> https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/1.15.1

Github has source and binaries for Linux and OS/Z.  No Windows
binaries are present for 1.15.1.
______
Dennis

* Re: ANN: pandoc 1.15.1
       [not found]     ` <CAF4AJDx7mpk=+vJLCRkjzqZuantOPtud4P06ELqTAT4mP+a+kQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-10-18  5:49       ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-10-18  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ dmccunney [Oct 17 15 21:58 ]:
>On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 1:17 PM, John MacFarlane <jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 1.15.1.
>>
>> It is available as usual on Hackage, and binary packages
>> for OSX, Windows, and 64-bit linux can be found at
>> https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/1.15.1
>
>Github has source and binaries for Linux and OS/Z.  No Windows
>binaries are present for 1.15.1.

I pulled the Windows binary after realizing that there was
a problem with it
(https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/2459).

I have just released 1.15.1.1 with a new Windows package
that fixes the problem.  All Windows users who installed the
1.15.1 package should install this new package.

* Re: ANN: pandoc 1.15.1
       [not found] ` <20151016171741.GA34974-jF64zX8BO08aTFSqC7bH4WZHpeb/A1Y/@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-10-21 15:11   ` Thell Fowler
       [not found]     ` <3fdb7c66-d11d-4164-bd97-721290625e4f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Thell Fowler @ 2015-10-21 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss; +Cc: pandoc-announce-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi John,

Scripts relying on the github api to obtain 'latest' binary builds break
when the asset listing in releases changes.

Do you need to do each of these by hand or can it be automated to be
consistent and sustainable?

* Re: ANN: pandoc 1.15.1
       [not found]     ` <3fdb7c66-d11d-4164-bd97-721290625e4f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-10-21 20:36       ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2015-10-21 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I want to move towards more automation; currently creating
the binary packages for all three platforms requires some
manual work, which is why I didn't bother for 1.15.1.1.

+++ Thell Fowler [Oct 21 15 08:11 ]:
>Hi John,
>
>Scripts relying on the github api to obtain 'latest' binary builds break
>when the asset listing in releases changes.
>
>Do you need to do each of these by hand or can it be automated to be
>consistent and sustainable?
>
>--

* Re: ANN: pandoc 1.15.1
       [not found] ` <20151016171741.GA34974-jF64zX8BO08aTFSqC7bH4WZHpeb/A1Y/@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-10-22  1:29   ` Daniel Staal
From: Daniel Staal @ 2015-10-22  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

--As of October 16, 2015 10:17:41 AM -0700, John MacFarlane is alleged to
have said:

> I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 1.15.1.
>
> It is available as usual on Hackage, and binary packages
> for OSX, Windows, and 64-bit linux can be found at
> https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/1.15.1
>
> A list of changes can be found here:
> http://pandoc.org/releases.html

<snip />

--As for the rest, it is mine.

Has there been a change to the build procedure for OSX since 1.15.0.6?  I
just got around to updating, and the new version won't run on my Mac.  I
get the error:
Illegal instruction: 4

Of course, I'm stuck on 10.7.5 until I can afford to upgrade hardware - and
there's no particular reason why you should be supporting OSes that Apple
has even dropped security patch support for, but it's been working until
now...  ;)

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.

* Re: ANN: pandoc 1.15.1
@ 2015-10-22 13:36     ` John Muccigrosso
       [not found]       ` <9e8030bd-8388-4cf7-88c9-ab29283e067b-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: John Muccigrosso @ 2015-10-22 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

On Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 9:29:26 PM UTC-4, Daniel Staal wrote:

> --As of October 16, 2015 10:17:41 AM -0700, John MacFarlane is alleged to
> have said:
>
> > I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 1.15.1.
> >
> > It is available as usual on Hackage, and binary packages
> > for OSX, Windows, and 64-bit linux can be found at
> > https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/1.15.1
> >
> > A list of changes can be found here:
> > http://pandoc.org/releases.html
>
> <snip />
>
> --As for the rest, it is mine.
>
> Has there been a change to the build procedure for OSX since 1.15.0.6?  I
> just got around to updating, and the new version won't run on my Mac.  I
> get the error:
> Illegal instruction: 4
>
> Of course, I'm stuck on 10.7.5 until I can afford to upgrade hardware -
> and
> there's no particular reason why you should be supporting OSes that Apple
> has even dropped security patch support for, but it's been working until
> now...  ;)

Daniel,

FYI, I'm on Mavericks and getting pandoc through homebrew. Up to the latest
version with no problems.

* Re: ANN: pandoc 1.15.1
       [not found]       ` <9e8030bd-8388-4cf7-88c9-ab29283e067b-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-10-23  2:24         ` Daniel Staal
From: Daniel Staal @ 2015-10-23  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

--As of October 22, 2015 6:36:01 AM -0700, John Muccigrosso is alleged to
have said:

> FYI, I'm on Mavericks and getting pandoc through homebrew. Up to the
> latest  version with no problems.

--As for the rest, it is mine.

Mavericks is a couple generations newer than what I've got.  (You could
actually upgrade to El Capitan if you wanted...)  I've got a couple
problems trying that:  First off, my XCode install is broken, and I can't
download the right version to fix it, since the latest version doesn't work
with my OS.  Secondly, I've got an interesting disk setup - the OS + apps
are on a small SSD, with my user files on a large HDD.  Homebrew is large,
and installs to the system disk - filling it, last time I tried anything.

It's not that big a problem, really.  I mostly use Pandoc as a
Markdown/HTML to 'simplified' HTML processor for FanFiction.net and a
couple other similar sites, so most of the advanced features are things I
can't use even if I wanted to.  But I like to stay up to date and try
things on occasion.  ;)  So, I just wanted to know if this was a conscious
choice or if it was just that something built against newer libraries
unintentionally.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.

* Re: ANN: pandoc 1.15.1
@ 2015-10-23  3:07           ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-10-23  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Daniel Staal [Oct 22 15 22:24 ]:
>--As of October 22, 2015 6:36:01 AM -0700, John Muccigrosso is alleged
>to have said:
>
>>FYI, I'm on Mavericks and getting pandoc through homebrew. Up to the
>>latest  version with no problems.
>
>--As for the rest, it is mine.
>
>Mavericks is a couple generations newer than what I've got.  (You
>could actually upgrade to El Capitan if you wanted...)  I've got a
>couple problems trying that:  First off, my XCode install is broken,
>and I can't download the right version to fix it, since the latest
>version doesn't work with my OS.  Secondly, I've got an interesting
>disk setup - the OS + apps are on a small SSD, with my user files on a
>large HDD.  Homebrew is large, and installs to the system disk -
>filling it, last time I tried anything.
>
>It's not that big a problem, really.  I mostly use Pandoc as a
>Markdown/HTML to 'simplified' HTML processor for FanFiction.net and a
>couple other similar sites, so most of the advanced features are
>things I can't use even if I wanted to.  But I like to stay up to date
>and try things on occasion.  ;)  So, I just wanted to know if this was
>a conscious choice or if it was just that something built against
>newer libraries unintentionally.

No, it wasn't a conscious choice.  And there might be a way
to fix things for you by fiddling with compiler options.
But I don't have time to do that right now, and it would be
inconvenient testing, since I don't have an archaic OS X
handy!  If anyone else has suggestions, let me know.

* Re: ANN: pandoc 1.15.1
@ 2015-11-15 22:40     ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]       ` <20151115224049.GA18767-jF64zX8BO091tJRe0FUodcM6rOWSkUom@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-11-15 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Daniel Staal [Oct 21 15 21:29 ]:
>--As of October 16, 2015 10:17:41 AM -0700, John MacFarlane is alleged
>to have said:
>
>>I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 1.15.1.
>>
>>It is available as usual on Hackage, and binary packages
>>for OSX, Windows, and 64-bit linux can be found at
>>https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/1.15.1
>>
>>A list of changes can be found here:
>>http://pandoc.org/releases.html
>
><snip />
>
>--As for the rest, it is mine.
>
>Has there been a change to the build procedure for OSX since 1.15.0.6?
>I just got around to updating, and the new version won't run on my
>Mac.  I get the error:
>Illegal instruction: 4
>
>Of course, I'm stuck on 10.7.5 until I can afford to upgrade hardware
>- and there's no particular reason why you should be supporting OSes
>that Apple has even dropped security patch support for, but it's been
>working until now...  ;)

Can you try the 1.15.2 package I just released?  I tried to
set it up to compile for 10.7+ -- not sure if I succeeded
because I don't have a machine that old to test on.

* Re: ANN: pandoc 1.15.1
       [not found]       ` <20151115224049.GA18767-jF64zX8BO091tJRe0FUodcM6rOWSkUom@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-11-15 22:55         ` Daniel Staal
From: Daniel Staal @ 2015-11-15 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

--As of November 15, 2015 2:40:49 PM -0800, John MacFarlane is alleged to
have said:

> Can you try the 1.15.2 package I just released?  I tried to
> set it up to compile for 10.7+ -- not sure if I succeeded
> because I don't have a machine that old to test on.

--As for the rest, it is mine.

It works, thanks!  ;)

Sorry to be trouble - sooner or later I'll have the money to upgrade, but
it hasn't happened yet.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.