* additional formatting in SRC block
@ 2015-11-20 11:27 Sam Halliday
       [not found] ` <79305a00-37aa-48d0-bf77-c73bf6042801-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Sam Halliday @ 2015-11-20 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello all,

I'd like to include a source code block in my document with some extra
formatting information. Specifically, I'd like to have red squiggly
underlines on some of the code to indicate that it won't compile.

Is it possible to do that, or must I fallback to raw html input or
something for the entire block?

FYI I'm using org-mode so this would be a BEGIN_SRC section, although I
should imagine that is equivalent to source blocks in other input languages.

Best regards,
Sam

* Re: additional formatting in SRC block
       [not found] ` <79305a00-37aa-48d0-bf77-c73bf6042801-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-11-20 11:48   ` Matthew Pickering
       [not found]     ` <CALuQ0m-D6vWgPA-Y-FeWx9j+-JO00PB5Ys_QbOMczUs0XY0=Dg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Matthew Pickering @ 2015-11-20 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Don't think this is possible as the internal representation is very
simple (it is just a string).

Matt

@ 2015-11-20 11:53       ` Sam Halliday
From: Sam Halliday @ 2015-11-20 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Is there to way to pass some hints to the formatter? The thing that adds
all the spans and pretty prints the source?

@ 2015-11-20 12:16   ` Sam Halliday
       [not found]     ` <c54390b1-f406-460d-8082-563800d709a6-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Sam Halliday @ 2015-11-20 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Somewhat related, is it possible to have a source code block that is not
pretty printed, but just allows me to add block highlighting? I'm happy
working around special symbols.

I basically want a way of highlighting changes to some source code that was
previously shown (whereas the other issue is about showing errors, which
would involve a custom highlighting class).

@ 2015-11-20 19:59       ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2015-11-20 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

In principle you could do this with a filter, if you're
targeting a particular output format (or several).

You'd have to intercept Code blocks, parse their contents
looking for your special symbols, and create raw content
in your output format.  Not an easy filter, but can be done
in principle.

+++ Sam Halliday [Nov 20 15 04:16 ]: