* UFT8 symbols in citations
@ 2016-03-11 15:59 Uwe Brauer
       [not found] ` <87y49pngye.fsf-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-03-11 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello

I run /home/oub/.cabal/bin/pandoc test.tex --bibliography=test.bib -o test.md

(I attach these files below).

And I obtain in the file test.md a reference of the sort

Beale, J. T., T. Kato, and A. Majda. 1984. “Remarks on the Breakdown of
Smooth Solutions for the 3–D Euler Equations.” *Communications in
Mathematical Physics* 94: 61–66.

This however is problematic since I have to paste this text into a
website which does not understand “.

So the question is this how can I change that output to say

Beale, J. T., T. Kato, and A. Majda. 1984. "Remarks on the Breakdown of
Smooth Solutions for the 3–D Euler Equations." *Communications in
Mathematical Physics* 94: 61–66.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

[-- Attachment #2: test.md --]

Citation Beale, Kato, and Majda (1984)

Beale, J. T., T. Kato, and A. Majda. 1984. “Remarks on the Breakdown of
Smooth Solutions for the 3–D Euler Equations.” *Communications in
Mathematical Physics* 94: 61–66.

[-- Attachment #3: test.bib --]
[-- Type: text/x-bibtex, Size: 367 bytes --]

@Article{beale84:-remar-break-smoot-solut,
  author       = {Beale, J. T. and Kato, T. and Majda, A.},
  title	       = {Remarks on the Breakdown of Smooth Solutions for
                  the 3--D Euler Equations},
  journal      = {Communications in Mathematical Physics},
  year	       = 1984,
  volume       = 94,
  pages	       = {61--66},
  abstract     = { }
}

[-- Attachment #4: test.tex --]

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\begin{document}
Citation
\cite{beale84:-remar-break-smoot-solut}

\bibliographystyle{plain}
\bibliography{test}
\end{document}

* Re: UFT8 symbols in citations
       [not found] ` <87y49pngye.fsf-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-03-12  0:37   ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2016-03-12  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Sorry, this is part of pandoc-citeproc's localization.
sed or perl is your friend!

+++ Uwe Brauer [Mar 11 16 15:59 ]: