* Citations and CSL
@ 2016-03-18  1:22 Scot Mcphee
From: Scot Mcphee @ 2016-03-18  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I’ve got a question about citations and CSLs. Let’s say I have the following Pandoc markdown:

According some some old duffer, the internet is a waste of time and money [@Duffer2016 p.34].

This formats through my CSL to look correct as per the specified CSL, e.g. in my case:

According some some old duffer, the internet is a waste of time and money (Duffer 2016: 34).

However, in usually in footnotes, I need a different style of inline citation. I’ve found that if I omit the square brackets it nearly does what I need it to do.  For example:

According some some old duffer, the internet is a waste of time and money [@Duffer2016 p.34]. However a growing movement of old codgers, for example that led by @Codger2016, rejects arguments about internet waste.

This formats the way I want it to:

According some some old duffer, the internet is a waste of time and money (Duffer 2016: 34).  However a growing movement of old codgers, for example that led by Codger (2016), rejects arguments about internet waste.

What controls the format of the second in-line citation style (the one without the square brackets)? How do I adjust it? Is it in the CSL (I can’t find it)?

thanks
scot

--
Scot Mcphee
Computer Programmer, Classics PhD.

* Re: Citations and CSL
@ 2016-03-18  4:45 ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2016-03-18  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

CSL itself doesn't make provisions for "author in text"
citations, so this is a pandoc-citeproc innovation.

It will look like this:  name of author + the way the
rest of the citation would look without the name of the author.

+++ Scot Mcphee [Mar 18 16 11:22 ]: