* link-attribute id placement in .tex
@ 2016-03-30 14:17 Thomas Lin Pedersen
       [not found] ` <cfa35c4c-740f-46ce-8126-81a9b1e76fd8-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Thomas Lin Pedersen @ 2016-03-30 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi

I'm having trouble getting my images labeled using the link-attribute
extension when converting from markdown to tex. In my markdown file I have:

![Number of genomes deposited in NCBIs Assembly database per year, split by
assembly quality.](figures/bac_gen_evol.png){#fig:genevol width=5in}

Which results in the following when converting to tex:

\begin{figure}[htbp]
  \centering
  \includegraphics[width=5.00000in]{figures/bac_gen_evol.png}
  \caption{Number of genomes deposited in NCBIs Assembly database per
year, split by assembly quality.}
\end{figure}
\label{fig:genevol}

I'm surprised that the label is placed outside the figure environment, and
it also creates problems when I try to reference it using \ref{} -
specifically I get:

Package hyperref Warning: Suppressing empty link on input line 70.

Is this a bug or am I using this the wrong way?

pandoc version is 1.17.0.2

best

Thomas

* Re: link-attribute id placement in .tex
       [not found] ` <cfa35c4c-740f-46ce-8126-81a9b1e76fd8-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-03-30 17:26   ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2016-03-30 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Thomas Lin Pedersen [Mar 30 16 07:17 ]:
>   Hi
>   I'm having trouble getting my images labeled using the link-attribute
>   extension when converting from markdown to tex. In my markdown file I
>   have:
>   ![Number of genomes deposited in NCBIs Assembly database per year,
>   split by assembly quality.](figures/bac_gen_evol.png){#fig:genevol
>   width=5in}
>   Which results in the following when converting to tex:
>   \begin{figure}[htbp]
>     \centering
>     \includegraphics[width=5.00000in]{figures/bac_gen_evol.png}
>     \caption{Number of genomes deposited in NCBIs Assembly database per
>   year, split by assembly quality.}
>   \end{figure}
>   \label{fig:genevol}
>   I'm surprised that the label is placed outside the figure environment,

That's a bug that has been fixed in the latest release,
1.17.0.3.