* Converting MD to DOCX with --reference-docx results in badly formed tables
@ 2016-11-20 11:19 elmariachiism
       [not found] ` <aa86eec7-c12b-49ec-80ec-628d6bcf844d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: elmariachiism @ 2016-11-20 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I created pipe tables using this website
http://www.tablesgenerator.com/markdown_tables. Now I'm trying to convert a
markdown down file into docx.

If I don't use any --reference-docx, everything goes smoothly, the file
opens in Word and the tables are flawless. If I then use that file (the
resultant docx) as --reference-docx, the new docx opens with an error in
Word. I accept Word's offer to repair the file and the error dialog says
the mistakes are in the "Table properties". Clicking on "error location"
takes me to the first row of the table, which is wider than the subsequent
rows.

Using any other docx as --reference-docx results in the same errors, it
only works if I don't provide a reference and unfortunately I need it.
Am I missing something here, or is this an actual bug?

This is the command I'm using:
pandoc -S -s --filter pandoc-crossref -M figPrefix:"Figure" -M
eqnPrefix:"Equation" -M tblPrefix:"Table" --reference-docx frontiers.docx
--filter=pandoc-citeproc --csl /home/mariachi/.pandoc/csl/vancouver.csl
--bibliography=/home/mariachi/Dropbox/Working/library.bib -o test.docx
manuscript_trans.md

Santiago

* Re: Converting MD to DOCX with --reference-docx results in badly formed tables
       [not found] ` <aa86eec7-c12b-49ec-80ec-628d6bcf844d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-11-20 19:34   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20161120193434.GD94089-l/d5Ua9yGnxXsXJlQylH7w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2016-11-20 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

How did you create your reference.docx?

I'd recommend starting with pandoc's standard reference.docx
and then modifying it.  You can get the standard one using

pandoc --print-default-data-file=reference.docx

Open it in Word, modify it ONLY by changing the styles
supported by pandoc (see the manual), and save it.

+++ elmariachiism [Nov 20 16 03:19 ]:

@ 2016-11-20 21:44       ` elmariachiism
       [not found]         ` <88ab2b1c-c29f-40bd-a8da-029dba05af75-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: elmariachiism @ 2016-11-20 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I simply converted one MD file into DOCX without a reference.docx. I then
used this DOCX as reference.docx, so it's basically the same as what you're
proposing right?

@ 2016-11-20 22:04           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <20161120220427.GC96111-l/d5Ua9yGnxXsXJlQylH7w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2016-11-20 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Not necessarily; if the md file you convert contains more
than simple content, the reference.docx can get screwed up.
Try converting an empty document.

+++ elmariachiism [Nov 20 16 13:44 ]:

@ 2016-11-20 23:38               ` elmariachiism
       [not found]                 ` <e2600acf-360b-4d58-bd57-feda3d15f513-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: elmariachiism @ 2016-11-20 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

That works. Is there an easy/automatic way of importing styles from another
docx so I don't have to do everything by hand? What I've been trying to do
this whole time is to use the Frontiers' template for article submissions
http://www.frontiersin.org/Design/zip/Frontiers_Word_Templates.zip

@ 2016-11-21  9:58                   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2016-11-21  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Doing it by hand (and making sure you modify the styles
pandoc actually uses, which are documented in the manual)
is the best way.

+++ elmariachiism [Nov 20 16 15:38 ]: