* Rewriting extensions in links
@ 2016-12-07 20:37 candlerb
       [not found] ` <dd8b5357-f55d-4257-93fd-64c0dc1f99f4-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: candlerb @ 2016-12-07 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Suppose I have a markdown file "foo.md" which contains links [like
this](target.md), pointing at other markdown files in the directory.

When I convert this to HTML I would like the link target to be
"target.html" rather than "target.md", since all the files have been
converted from md to html.

Is there a straightforward way to do this?

I looked through the list of third-party filters:
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/wiki/Pandoc-Filters
and didn't see anything - but maybe this is functionality built-in to
pandoc that I've overlooked? Or would I have to write a filter myself?

Thanks,

Brian.

* Re: Rewriting extensions in links
       [not found] ` <dd8b5357-f55d-4257-93fd-64c0dc1f99f4-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-12-07 21:29   ` Joost Kremers
       [not found]     ` <878trrjuly.fsf-97jfqw80gc6171pxa8y+qA@public.gmane.org>
From: Joost Kremers @ 2016-12-07 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On Wed, Dec 07 2016, candlerb wrote:
> Suppose I have a markdown file "foo.md" which contains links
> [like
> this](target.md), pointing at other markdown files in the
> directory.
>
> When I convert this to HTML I would like the link target to be
> "target.html" rather than "target.md", since all the files have
> been
> converted from md to html.
>
> Is there a straightforward way to do this?

Are you only converting to html? If so, why don't you just write
[like this](target.html)?

If you're converting to more than one output format and want the
links to use the extension of the output format, you're probably
looking at some scripting. I'm fairly sure Pandoc doesn't do this.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

@ 2016-12-07 21:39       ` candlerb
From: candlerb @ 2016-12-07 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 21:29:49 UTC, Joost wrote:

> Are you only converting to html? If so, why don't you just write
> [like this](target.html)?

Because .md files can point to .md files when rendered by (e.g.) github or
gitlab. It's nice to keep that.

> If you're converting to more than one output format and want the
> links to use the extension of the output format, you're probably
> looking at some scripting. I'm fairly sure Pandoc doesn't do this.

At least it's not just me then :-)

@ 2016-12-08 10:52   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2016-12-08 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

This filter would be extremely simple to write.
You just match on Link, check the url, and modify
it if needed.

+++ candlerb [Dec 07 16 12:37 ]: