* Pandoc creates new XHTML file in EPUB for every 1st level header, can we have option not to do this?
@ 2017-07-03 15:37 CR
       [not found] ` <b4c70384-32a5-447b-a559-1209a4db27d8-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: CR @ 2017-07-03 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

   - Pandoc 1.19.2.1 on Windows 8
   - I'm making an EPUB book from multiple markdown file, which are
   02intro.md, 10stuff.md, and 20stuff.md.
   - Command line: pandoc -o %outname% -f markdown_mmd -t epub 02intro.md
   10stuff.md 20stuff.md

In 10stuff.md there are multiple instances of header level 1 formatted like
"# header 1". Each time Pandoc finds this it creates a new XHTML file
inside the EPUB file. Is there an option to not do this? I only want to
create a new XHTML file inside the EPUB if a new markdown file is found by
Pandoc.

Thanks!

* Re: Pandoc creates new XHTML file in EPUB for every 1st level header, can we have option not to do this?
       [not found] ` <b4c70384-32a5-447b-a559-1209a4db27d8-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-07-04  9:15   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-07-04  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ CR [Jul 03 17 08:37 ]:
>     * Pandoc 1.19.2.1 on Windows 8
>     * I'm making an EPUB book from multiple markdown file, which are
>       02intro.md, 10stuff.md, and 20stuff.md.
>     * Command line: pandoc -o %outname% -f markdown_mmd -t epub
>       02intro.md 10stuff.md 20stuff.md
>
>   In 10stuff.md there are multiple instances of header level 1 formatted
>   like "# header 1". Each time Pandoc finds this it creates a new XHTML
>   file inside the EPUB file. Is there an option to not do this? I only
>   want to create a new XHTML file inside the EPUB if a new markdown file
>   is found by Pandoc.
>   Thanks!

No. There is --epub-chapter-level, but this only gives you a
way to get more chapters, not fewer.

It shouldn't make any difference to the user of the epub.