* generate pdf through texinfo
@ 2017-07-11 17:25 Luis Rivera
       [not found] ` <6b2ff199-b880-4e1e-9c53-41a7103307f6-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Luis Rivera @ 2017-07-11 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello!

Thinking about tinkering with PDF.hs (my first experience with Haskell), I
wonder which is the best strategy to generate pdfs through texinfo as the
intermediate format. The options, afaik, are the following:

# going through an intermediate texinfo file explicitly and then calling
pdftex, like going through a pdfgroff or html5 files via pdfgroff or
wkhtmltopdf.
# generating a pdf directly through pdftex, like the latex or context
backends.
# use a lua script and forget about hs.
# use a shell/cmd script and pipe and also forget about hs.

The last one looks like the easiest, but requires knowing the shell in
advance, as may not be as portable as the others.

Which one is recommended?

Thanks in advance,

* Re: generate pdf through texinfo
       [not found] ` <6b2ff199-b880-4e1e-9c53-41a7103307f6-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-07-12 20:45   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-07-12 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I think using a shell script or Makefile is most sensible in
this case.  Anyone who works with texinfo is probably going
to know to handle that.

+++ Luis Rivera [Jul 11 17 10:25 ]: