* using pandoc to validate html
@ 2017-07-19 11:54 John O'Regan
       [not found] ` <CALwjjMia2ujP-5WOYZ0o2J00VAHKuj7+HDewm_A8mcmvbvHOfg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: John O'Regan @ 2017-07-19 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello All,

I used Pandoc to convert HTML to HTML.  It stripped out all comments.
It also fixed badly-nested inline tags.

This made me wonder if Pandoc can tell if HTML input is valid or not,
which would come in very handy for my cmdPost project.

To be clear, I'd like to know if an HTML fragment is valid or not.  I
don't care about the corrected HTML.  Can Pandoc provide this
information?  I'm using Windows 7, btw.  I checked the ERRORLEVEL
environment variable, but malformed HTML didn't set the value to 1.

John

* Re: using pandoc to validate html
       [not found] ` <CALwjjMia2ujP-5WOYZ0o2J00VAHKuj7+HDewm_A8mcmvbvHOfg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-07-23  8:01   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-07-23  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

No, that's out of scope.  There are plenty of programs
available that can check for validity.

+++ John O'Regan [Jul 19 17 12:54 ]: