* pandoc-citeproc complains about missing field
@ 2017-09-06 20:14 Jeremy Theler
       [not found] ` <1504728889.1710.6.camel-24em0bpozeFWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
From: Jeremy Theler @ 2017-09-06 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi

I used to be able to run pandoc-citeproc smoothly. Now, after updating
to Debian Stretch:

$ pandoc-citeproc --version
pandoc-citeproc 0.10.4.1

I get this error with the attached (and simplified) bib file:

$ pandoc-citeproc -j test.bib
pandoc-citeproc: pandoc-citeproc.hs:(65,29)-(67,61): Missing field in record construction confTrailingNewline

I am using the dev version of pandoc, namely

$ pandoc --version
pandoc 2.0
Compiled with pandoc-types 1.17.0.5, texmath 0.9.4, skylighting 0.3.3

May this binary be interfering with citeproc?

--
jeremy theler
www.seamplex.com

[-- Attachment #2: test.bib --]
[-- Type: text/x-bibtex, Size: 1714 bytes --]

@article {stni-meshes,
 author = "G. Theler",
 title = "Unstructured Grids and the Multigroup Neutron Diffusion Equation",
 journal = "Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations",
 volume = "2014:641863",
 year = "2013",
 url = "../papers/2013-stni-meshes.pdf",
 abstract = "The neutron diffusion equation is often used to perform core-level neutronic calculations. It consists of a set of second-order partial differential equations over the spatial coordinates that are, both in the academia and in the industry, usually  solved by discretizing the neutron leakage term using an structured grid. This work introduces the alternatives that unstructured grids can provide to aid the engineers to solve the neutron diffusion problem and gives a brief overview to the variety of possibilities they offer. It is by understanding the basic mathematics that lie beneath the equations that model real physical systems that better technical decisions can be made. It is in this spirit that this article is written, giving a first introduction to the basic concepts which can be incorporated into core-level neutron flux computations. A simple two-dimensional homogeneous circular reactor is solved using a coarse unstructured grid in order to illustrate some basic differences between the finite volumes and the finite elements method. Also, the classic 2D IAEA PWR benchmark problem is solved for eighty combinations of symmetries, meshing algorithms, basic geometric entities, discretization schemes and characteristic grid lengths, giving even more insight into the peculiarities that arise when solving the neutron diffusion equation using unstructured grids.",
 language = "english",
 hyphenation = "english"
}

* Re: pandoc-citeproc complains about missing field
       [not found] ` <1504728889.1710.6.camel-24em0bpozeFWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-09-06 22:27   ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2017-09-06 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

With any pandoc filter (including pandoc-citeproc), you need
to make sure the filter is compiled against the same version
of pandoc-types and the pandoc executable.

So if you want to use dev pandoc, you'll probably need to
compile pandoc-citeproc from source.

+++ Jeremy Theler [Sep 06 17 17:14 ]: