* Left braces not coming out correctly - what to do?
@ 2017-09-19 11:57 Hannu Kokko
       [not found] ` <a1fa14a7-7391-4f68-a045-4b43a9388d9f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Hannu Kokko @ 2017-09-19 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Running latest TexShop on the latest MacOS X with latest LaTex and latest
pandoc.

The following pandoc typeset

\documentclass{article}\begin{document}\begingroup\obeylines
\{\}

 \endgroup%
\end{document}

Produces

\{}

I would have expected

{}

This is the pandoc parameter/script file

#!/bin/bash

# pandoc takes an input file (usually markdown) and writes an output file (latex, epub, ...)
# There is a shortcut to create pdf from markdown via latex called markdown2pdf.
# See   http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/

PATH=$PATH:/Library/TeX/texbin:/usr/texbin:/usr/local/bin

fname_with_ext=$(basename "$1")
fname="${fname_with_ext%.*}.txt"
pandoc "$1" -s -t asciidoc --no-tex-ligatures --wrap=preserve -o $fname

What do I need to change to get both curly braces correct in effect to
produce

{}

* Re: Left braces not coming out correctly - what to do?
       [not found] ` <a1fa14a7-7391-4f68-a045-4b43a9388d9f-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-09-19 16:16   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-09-19 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I'm not sure what you're trying to do.  Is the latex sample
you give something pandoc produced, or something you're
trying to convert to another format using pandoc?  What
exact pandoc command did you use?
The output you give is in what format?

+++ Hannu Kokko [Sep 19 17 04:57 ]: