* Markdown to markdown pre-filtering for equation numbers loses YAML meta block
@ 2017-10-17 18:39 R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar
       [not found] ` <ea78e6f5-67cc-be29-684f-c1fa106c7783-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar @ 2017-10-17 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I need to assign equation numbers in a markdown document and am running
the pandoc-eqnos filter specifically to get a source document with that.
Ergo, I need the output format to be markdown as well, preferably the
default flavour put out by pandoc.

I tried

pandoc --to markdown --filter pandoc-eqnos --output out.md in.md

but I find that the YAML metadada block at the very top of in.md
disappears in the out.md. What should I do to preserve it?

Thanks.

Chandra

* Re: Markdown to markdown pre-filtering for equation numbers loses YAML meta block
       [not found] ` <ea78e6f5-67cc-be29-684f-c1fa106c7783-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-10-17 20:46   ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2017-10-17 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Use -s or --standalone to get the metadata.

+++ R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar [Oct 18 17 00:09 ]: