* epubcheck errors with Pandoc 2
@ 2017-10-30 16:17 Russ
       [not found] ` <bddc34b4-5b72-49b4-96a4-f02d936fab9d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Russ @ 2017-10-30 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

In our tests, we noticed a few errors in epubcheck when compiling books
with the Pandoc 2.0, these both compiled before without error on the
previous Pandoc version :

Validating using EPUB version 2.0.1 rules.

ERROR(RSC-005): books.epub/EPUB/content.opf(2,181): Error while parsing
file 'attribute "prefix" not allowed here; expected attribute "id"'.

ERROR(RSC-007): books.epub/EPUB/cover.xhtml(10,83): Referenced resource
could not be found in the EPUB.

1. Now the first one looks like a problems with `prefix="ibooks:
http://vocabulary.itunes.apple.com/rdf/ibooks/vocabulary-extensions-1.0/"`
in content.opf? Is there a way to turn this off or fix the error?

<package version="2.0" unique-identifier="epub-id-1" prefix="ibooks:
http://vocabulary.itunes.apple.com/rdf/ibooks/vocabulary-extensions-1.0/"
xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">

2. The second one looks like a problem with this line in cover.xhtml,
capital 'S' for Styles?

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../styles/stylesheet1.css"/>

Should it be ?

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../Styles/stylesheet1.css"/>

Any advice appreciated.

Russ

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 440678 bytes --]

* Re: epubcheck errors with Pandoc 2
       [not found] ` <bddc34b4-5b72-49b4-96a4-f02d936fab9d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-10-30 17:24   ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2017-10-30 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Please open an issue on the issue tracker with these
points.

Include a small pandoc-generated epub that has these issues,
or alternatively give markdown input and exact command line
to produce an epub that has these issues.

+++ Russ [Oct 30 17 09:17 ]:

@ 2017-10-31  0:04     ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2017-10-31  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Never mind, I was able to reproduce both issues.

+++ John MACFARLANE [Oct 30 17 10:24 ]:

@ 2017-10-31  0:43       ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2017-10-31  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I think I've fixed these issues (and others); you can
test if you want to try compiling the latest from source.

+++ John MACFARLANE [Oct 30 17 17:04 ]:

@ 2017-10-31  7:11         ` Russ
       [not found]           ` <3c5d257d-6865-4843-83b2-65cfe058aae7-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Russ @ 2017-10-31  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks John, sorry to be the bearer of a bug in a new version which looks
really good. We use Pandoc all the time and would be lost without it!
I'm afraid I'm on a homebrew distribution (OSX), so I don't think I will be
able to compile from source for fear of messing up our current production
environment.
I will however test when we have the updated version in brew,  or if it is
possible to use this version from brew?

Russ

@ 2017-10-31 16:58             ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2017-10-31 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)