* pandoc 2.0.0.1 can't find LaTeX style files on Windows.
@ 2017-10-31 18:23 Harvey Stein
       [not found] ` <328e5523-f2f2-4fa8-ace5-fb18650eeaed-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Harvey Stein @ 2017-10-31 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'd been running pandoc 1.19.2.1 on Windows 7.  My latex is installed under
cygwin.  When I tried out 2.0.0.1, I started getting errors:

$ pandoc -v
pandoc.exe 2.0.0.1
Compiled with pandoc-types 1.17.2, texmath 0.9.4.4, skylighting 0.4.2
Default user data directory: C:\Users\hstein\AppData\Roaming\pandoc
Copyright (C) 2006-2017 John MacFarlane
Web:  http://pandoc.org
There is no warranty, not even for merchantability or fitness
for a particular purpose.

hstein@2UA6383H6J /cygdrive/c/Repos/qfd-docs/Docs/VaR
$ pandoc dlib_var_v01.tex -o dlib_var_v01.docx
[WARNING] Could not load include file 'amsmath.sty' at
macros/GenericHeader.tex line 19 column 21
[WARNING] Could not load include file 'amsthm.sty' at
macros/GenericHeader.tex line 20 column 20
[WARNING] Could not load include file 'subeqnarray.sty' at
macros/GenericHeader.tex line 21 column 25
[WARNING] Could not load include file 'pb-diagram.sty' at
macros/GenericHeader.tex line 22 column 24
[WARNING] Could not load include file 'fancybox.sty' at
macros/GenericHeader.tex line 23 column 22
[WARNING] Could not load include file 'subfig.sty' at
macros/GenericHeader.tex line 27 column 24
[WARNING] Could not load include file 'subfigure.sty' at
macros/GenericHeader.tex line 29 column 27
[WARNING] Could not load include file 'fancyvrb.sty' at
macros/GenericHeader.tex line 32 column 22
[WARNING] Could not load include file 'appendix.sty' at
macros/GenericHeader.tex line 33 column 32
[WARNING] Could not load include file 'footnote.sty' at
macros/GenericHeader.tex line 34 column 22
[WARNING] Could not load include file 'float.sty' at
macros/GenericHeader.tex line 35 column 19
[WARNING] Could not load include file 'etoolbox.sty' at
macros/GenericHeader.tex line 36 column 22
[WARNING] Could not load include file 'cases.sty' at
macros/GenericHeader.tex line 362 column 19

Etc.

Any ideas how to fix this?  How does pandoc go about trying to find the
location of the LaTeX style files?

Thanks.

* Re: pandoc 2.0.0.1 can't find LaTeX style files on Windows.
       [not found] ` <328e5523-f2f2-4fa8-ace5-fb18650eeaed-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-10-31 18:30   ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2017-10-31 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

That's nothing to worry about.

(And maybe in this case it should become an INFO message.)

If the sty files are in the working directory, pandoc will
attempt to parse them for macro definitions.  Otherwise,
it doesn't know where they are and it ignores them. Most
of the time this doesn't matter, because pandoc already
knows how to handle the most commonly used commands.

+++ Harvey Stein [Oct 31 17 11:23 ]: