* Pandoc 2.0 and slides
@ 2017-11-06 14:44 Conrad Cunningham
       [not found] ` <d189aef8-ec04-4cc1-abe2-ee41c283e32a-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Conrad Cunningham @ 2017-11-06 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Since homebrew updated Pandoc to 2.0 on my macOS (High Sierra) system last
week, my creation of slidy slides from markdown no longer works.

Here is the command that seemed to work well before 2.0 for input in file
xxx.md

    pandoc --self-contained --latexmathml --slide-level=2  -t slidy -s -o
xxx.html xxx.md

Now, --latexmathml does not seem to work with other builds, so I switched
to --mathml.  But that does not seem to be the issue.

Given the output, it seems that metadata in my file is not being parsed
correctly.  But I have not seen that issue with other markdown-to-html
conversions.

I no longer have a working pre-2.0 version installed, so I have not had
time to construct a short test case that works in the old but not the new.

* Re: Pandoc 2.0 and slides
       [not found] ` <d189aef8-ec04-4cc1-abe2-ee41c283e32a-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-11-06 17:02   ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2017-11-06 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Try with 2.0.1.1.  We fixed a problem with --self-contained
+ S5, and it could be that the same issue affects slidy.

Also, does it work without --self-contained?

You say the metadata is not being parsed correctly.  It
would help if you gave more details about why you think
that.

+++ Conrad Cunningham [Nov 06 17 06:44 ]:
>   Since homebrew updated Pandoc to 2.0 on my macOS (High Sierra) system
>   last week, my creation of slidy slides from markdown no longer works.
>   Here is the command that seemed to work well before 2.0 for input in
>   file xxx.md
>       pandoc --self-contained --latexmathml --slide-level=2  -t slidy -s
>   -o xxx.html xxx.md
>   Now, --latexmathml does not seem to work with other builds, so I
>   switched to --mathml.  But that does not seem to be the issue.
>   Given the output, it seems that metadata in my file is not being parsed
>   correctly.  But I have not seen that issue with other markdown-to-html
>   conversions.
>   I no longer have a working pre-2.0 version installed, so I have not had
>   time to construct a short test case that works in the old but not the
>   new.
>
>   --
>   To view this discussion on the web visit
>   [3]https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/d189aef8-ec04-4cc1-
>   abe2-ee41c283e32a%40googlegroups.com.
>
>References

>   2. mailto:pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
>   3. https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/d189aef8-ec04-4cc1-abe2-ee41c283e32a-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
>   4. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

* Re: Pandoc 2.0 and slides
@ 2017-11-06 18:04     ` Conrad Cunningham
       [not found]       ` <eb566a7d-4d40-46bd-9554-f8392ec4ad86-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Conrad Cunningham @ 2017-11-06 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I am using 2.0.1.1.

However, the problem may be unrelated to Pandoc 2.0.  The Markdown source
file somehow got all its linefeed characters replaced by carriage returns.
This was not evident in my editor (Aquamacs).  It showed up when I did
"more" on the fil.

On macOS the Markdown reader takes the entire file as the title metadata
line. So all I got was a file of bold centered text. I do not know if the
behavior changed from pre-2.0 to 2.0 because I no longer have the old
system installed. (I rely on homebrew.)

I am not sure how this happened to several of my slide source files. (I
have these files in a Box synched folder that allows me access from my
office, laptop, and home Macs.)

@ 2017-11-06 18:47         ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2017-11-06 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Solution is easy then:

cat source.md | tr '\r' '\n' > source-fixed.md

+++ Conrad Cunningham [Nov 06 17 10:04 ]: