* How to add a "Table" caption for a figure of table?
@ 2017-11-27 14:02 jiewuza
       [not found] ` <m2fu8z3jlz.fsf-9Onoh4P/yGk@public.gmane.org>
From: jiewuza @ 2017-11-27 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I want to have a table with cells span multiple rows or columns in my
markdown file. Since it is not supported, I just screenshot the table
into an image.

With

![The caption](table-screenshot.jpg)

it turns out a "Figure" caption.

And then I tried something like this:

: The table caption
![](table-screenshot.jpg)

Of course it does not work, it results in an error producing PDF.

* Re: How to add a "Table" caption for a figure of table?
       [not found] ` <m2fu8z3jlz.fsf-9Onoh4P/yGk@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-11-28  1:55   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-11-28  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

This would probably be an ugly workaround, but you could try
a one-cell table with the image in it.

+++ jiewuza [Nov 27 17 22:02 ]:

@ 2017-11-28 10:32     ` jiewuza
       [not found]       ` <m2bmjm3d8s.fsf-9Onoh4P/yGk@public.gmane.org>
From: jiewuza @ 2017-11-28 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

John MacFarlane <jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org> writes:

Yes, I tried:

: The table caption

--------------
![](table-screenshot.jpg)
--------------

It works, except that it shows table-border.

So here comes to my next question: how to hide the table-border, just
for the "faked" tables, not the real tables.

@ 2017-11-28 18:07         ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-11-28 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You can temporarily redefine \toprule and \bottomrule.

If you have no other tables, you could just put

\let\toprule\relax
\let\bottomrule\relax

in your header.

+++ jiewuza [Nov 28 17 18:32 ]:

@ 2017-11-29 14:12           ` jiewuza
       [not found]             ` <m2d141898i.fsf-9Onoh4P/yGk@public.gmane.org>
From: jiewuza @ 2017-11-29 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I have other real tables in the file.
I wonder if there is any attribute to set for the table, like this

: The table caption

--------------
![](table-screenshot.jpg)
--------------
{.no-border}

Or may this be a feature request?

@ 2017-11-29 17:35               ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2017-11-29 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You could redefine these before  the table and redefine them
again after.  Something like this (untested)

\let\oldtoprule\toprule
\let\oldbottomrule\bottomrule
\let\toprule\relax
\let\bottomrule\relax

table here

\let\toprule\oldtoprule
\let\bottomrule\oldbottomrule

+++ jiewuza [Nov 29 17 22:12 ]:

@ 2017-12-06 14:06                 ` jiewuza
From: jiewuza @ 2017-12-06 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

It works, though a little ugly.

I read a post that pandoc would support tables with
multi-row/column-span cells in the future.

This would solve my problem totally.