* Hard line break when converting to plain text
@ 2018-01-16 17:08 Fernando Botelho
       [not found] ` <863ddae0-818e-6679-443a-7947ec4c1696-mxjLRozsjzA@public.gmane.org>
From: Fernando Botelho @ 2018-01-16 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi,

I would like to have a hard line break as a paragraph ends and an URL is
placed immediately after on the subsequent line.

I tried leaving a couple of spaces after the period that ends the
paragraph, but when I convert to plain text, a backslash appears right
before the hard line break.

The URL shows-up on the following line, so the break happens correctly,
but for some reason the backslash appears on the txt version of the file.

Any way I can have the hard line break without the backslash appearing
on my txt file?

thanks very much,

Fernando

* Re: Hard line break when converting to plain text
       [not found] ` <863ddae0-818e-6679-443a-7947ec4c1696-mxjLRozsjzA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-01-16 19:03   ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2018-01-16 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Are you using pandoc 2.x?

Are you using `-t plain` or `-t markdown`?

In pandoc 2.x, `-t plain` should work the way you expect.
Or, use `-t markdown-escaped_line_breaks`.

+++ Fernando Botelho [Jan 16 18 15:08 ]: