* Converting from MS-Word to gfm (GitHub Flavored Markdown) appears to convert to HTML
@ 2018-02-14 16:46 Marco Parillo
       [not found] ` <daf3c50e-f2f4-4632-a733-d75b1262151d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Marco Parillo @ 2018-02-14 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

When I use the regular markdown target, it creates markdown (just not
github flavored), but when I:

$ pandoc Journey.docx --to=gfm -o Courses2.md

or:

$ pandoc Journey.docx -t gfm -o Courses.md

I get:

$ head -4 Courses2.md
<thead>

or:

$ head -4 Courses.md
<thead>

* Re: Converting from MS-Word to gfm (GitHub Flavored Markdown) appears to convert to HTML
       [not found] ` <daf3c50e-f2f4-4632-a733-d75b1262151d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-02-14 20:06   ` John MACFARLANE
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2018-02-14 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Any table that is too complex to be represented with a
simple pipe table will be rendered as HTML.  (Note that
embedded HTML is legal in Markdown.)  Pandoc's markdown
has table formats that can take block level content in
cells, but gfm does not.

+++ Marco Parillo [Feb 14 18 08:46 ]: