* Plain @ in lua-filter for writing texinfo
@ 2019-01-30 11:13 Doron Behar
       [not found] ` <20190130111350.i6vphdqmtvwmffkr-nH6FXQVMmbjJkG5LwS7JsNBPR1lH4CV8@public.gmane.org>
From: Doron Behar @ 2019-01-30 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hey,

I'm trying to write a lua filter that will add certain text to texinfo
document and I'm having trouble adding it without it being quoted.

To be specific, The text I'm trying to add is:

@direntry
* NAME OF THE FILE (NAME OF THE FILE)
@end direntry

The problem is that the string `@` I'm using in the lua filter code is
inserted in the output as `@@`. I suppose that's because of the quoting
rules in texinfo but as you might imagine I need it unquoted. I couldn't
find anything related to specific document formats quoting or unquoting
in the documentation.

I've tried using `pandoc.Plain`, `pandoc.Str` and `pandoc.RawInline` and
all of them returned in a different way `@@` and not just `@`.

I'll be glad to get some help, thanks in advance.

* Re: Plain @ in lua-filter for writing texinfo
       [not found] ` <20190130111350.i6vphdqmtvwmffkr-nH6FXQVMmbjJkG5LwS7JsNBPR1lH4CV8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-01-30 19:14   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <yh480kh8dqrm8j.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-01-30 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doron Behar, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

pandoc.RawInline("texinfo", "@") should insert a @
without escaping.

% pandoc -t texinfo -f native
[RawInline (Format "texinfo") "@"]
^D
@node Top
@top Top

@

Does your pandoc give a different result for the above
test?

@ 2019-02-02 23:04       ` Doron Behar
       [not found]         ` <20190202230415.5ypp6deu34ocinlo-nH6FXQVMmbjJkG5LwS7JsNBPR1lH4CV8@public.gmane.org>
From: Doron Behar @ 2019-02-02 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Sorry for the late reply, I guess I haven't understood the documentation
so thanks, that helped me a lot.

@ 2019-02-12 10:35           ` Doron Behar
       [not found]             ` <20190212103518.mkb4epawqlqsluua-nH6FXQVMmbjJkG5LwS7JsNBPR1lH4CV8@public.gmane.org>
From: Doron Behar @ 2019-02-12 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thanks again John for helping me out. I've been putting more of my time
to learn Pandoc Lua filters and I think now I understand most of it.

I've ended with this filter for the purpose I described in my initial
post:

```
function Pandoc(doc)
	if os.getenv("WINFO_TITLE") then
		local title = os.getenv("WINFO_TITLE")
		table.insert(doc.blocks, 1, pandoc.Para({
			pandoc.RawInline("texinfo", "@direntry"),
			pandoc.LineBreak(),
			pandoc.Str("* " .. title .. " (" .. title .. ")"),
			pandoc.LineBreak(),
			pandoc.RawInline("texinfo", "@end"),
			pandoc.Space(),
			pandoc.RawInline("texinfo", "direntry"),
			pandoc.LineBreak()
		}))
	end
	return pandoc.Pandoc(doc.blocks, doc.meta)
end
```

The weird thing is, that from some reason I get this output where
@direntry is inserted:

```
@direntry@*
* TITLE (TITLE)@*
@end direntry@*
```

As you can see, `@*` are inserted at the end of each of those lines. Do
you know the reason why? I tried substituting pandoc.Para with
pandoc.Plain but those `@*` were inserted as well.

Thanks,

Doron.

@ 2019-02-12 12:58               ` BPJ
       [not found]                 ` <CADAJKhCCW+FZsFq5TtQSM19O50a9WrP-SHOhphMBk8N7ynQctQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2019-02-12 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Aren't those the hard line breaks? See <
http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/Command-List.html>.
If you use a RawBlock instead of a RawInline inside a Para with hard
linebreaks around them you probably will get what you expect. Note the
distinction between block and inline elements in the Lua filter manual. It
is very important in Pandoc'a internal document model.

@ 2019-02-12 13:11                   ` Doron Behar
From: Doron Behar @ 2019-02-12 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thanks for clarifying this, I guess you are right about the line break.
I'm using RawBlock now and it works great.