* Customization of heading numbering
@ 2019-05-28 17:27 Anton Shepelev
       [not found] ` <20190528202734.b422d042bbbe9bacbccb7727-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Anton Shepelev @ 2019-05-28 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello, all

Is it possible in Pandoc to have a full stop after the
number of the first-level numbered heading?  With the
default configuration and -N, I get this structure:

1 First heading
1.1. First subheading
2.1. Second subheading

How can I typeset a global, document-level, header that will
not affect the numbering, e.g.:

Document title (centered and unnumbered)

1. First section
2. Second section
3. Third section

--
Please, do not forward replies to the list to my e-mail.

* Re: Customization of heading numbering
       [not found] ` <20190528202734.b422d042bbbe9bacbccb7727-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-06-01  7:43   ` Pranesh Prakash
       [not found]     ` <342212b2-c661-4b9d-9815-82023d93592c-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Pranesh Prakash @ 2019-06-01  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

On Friday, 31 May 2019 23:42:11 UTC+5:30, Anton Shepelev wrote:

> Hello, all
>
> Is it possible in Pandoc to have a full stop after the
> number of the first-level numbered heading?  With the
> default configuration and -N, I get this structure:
>
> 1 First heading
> 1.1. First subheading
> 2.1. Second subheading

It would depend on what format the output is.  For LaTex/PDF, you can add
\usepackage{secdot}, or one of the other suggestions on the [[Tex
StackExchange]].

I don't see how the HTML output can be changed, though.

[Tex StackExchange]:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/24439/how-to-add-a-dot-after-the-section-number

> How can I typeset a global, document-level, header that will
> not affect the numbering, e.g.:
>
> Document title (centered and unnumbered)
>
> 1. First section
> 2. Second section
> 3. Third section

Add a title block / YAML block:
---
title: Document title
---

@ 2019-06-01 19:19       ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-06-01 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pranesh Prakash, pandoc-discuss

Pranesh Prakash <the.solipsist-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> I don't see how the HTML output can be changed, though.

I'm pretty sure you can use CSS to add the dot, since
the number is included in its own span with a class.