From: Anton Shepelev <anton.txt-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: How to control indentation of lists in docx with Pandoc?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 12:01:21 +0300	[thread overview]

Mikhail Matrosov:

> I  convert  AsciiDoc  to  Word  via  DocBook.  The
> db->docx conversion is done with Pandoc and is the
> most interesting.
>
> I provide a reference file with --reference-doc. I
> specified indentation for the Body Text  style  in
> the  reference  file.  Now  text  is indented. But
> lists are not.
>
> While digging through the contents of the generat-
> ed  docx  I discovered that you cannot control in-
> dentation of list items directly. [...]

I have the same problem, but did not dig into it  so
deep.  Thanks for the research.

My  problem  has been discussed here in a thread ti-
tled:

   Adjusting the indentation of nested numbered lists in docx
   ( https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pandoc-discuss/F9MaKcb5xZo )

where the experts told be the  indentation  is  cur-
rently  hardcoded(!).  I created a Github issue with
some proposals of how to fix it (in terms of outward
behavoir, not implementation):

   Support customisable indentation of nested lists in .docx output
   ( https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/6586 )

I far as I understand, it is somewhat hard to do and
requires extra coupling between the  general  pandoc
engine and the DOCX renderer. Yet is not a reason to
leave the indentation hardcoded.

A similar difficulty arises when putting code blocks
and  lists  inside  definitions.   If the definition
style has an indent, the code and  lists  are  still
unindented, which is of course unintended.

--
Please, do not forward replies to the list to my e-mail.