From: Anton Shepelev <anton.txt-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: display list bullets
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 12:58:02 +0300	[thread overview]

Serg:

> -   ::: {custom-style="List Bullet"}
>     text;
>     :::
>
> ```{=html}
> <!-- -->
> ```
> -   ::: {custom-style="List Bullet 2"}
>     text;
>     :::
>
> -   ::: {custom-style="List Bullet 3"}
>     text;
>     :::
>
> -   ::: {custom-style="List Bullet 4"}
>     text;
>     :::
>
> -   ::: {custom-style="List Bullet 5"}
>     text.
>     :::
>
> Bulleted lists are displayed as the same style

Your  Markdown  specifies  different styles for each
list item, accordding to their nesting in the source
document. The resulting document (3_en.docx) retains
these styles, but for some reason the items  have  a
custom indetation that overrides the correct indents
specified in the "Bullet List" styles. If you  click
on each item and reapply the correct style (which it
already has!) they receive the correct indent.

I don't know why this  happens.   The  documentation
for `custom-style' says:

   If  you  define  a div or span with the attribute
   custom-style, pandoc will  apply  your  specified
   style  to the contained elements (with the excep-
   tion of elements  whose  function  depends  on  a
   style,  like headings, code blocks, block quotes,
   or links).

Perhaps other readers can help us answer these ques-
tions:

  1.  Is  it possible that lists styles are, too, an
      exception?

  2.  What is an element of which the  function  de-
      pends on a style?

  3.  What are the requirements for Pandoc to retain
      the list  hierarchy  in  Markdown  instead  of
      putting them all on the same level?