I am new to r markdown and pandoc but not Rstudio. Can anyone provide a more explicit treatment of the use of the filter code? As stated, I am using Rstudio and would like to create a filter 'pandoc-word-pagebreak' which would incorporate the replacement of '\newpage' in my r markdown file with the appropriate xml. I have tried copying ~~~{.haskell} pgBrkXml :: String pgBrkXml = "" pgBrkBlock :: Block pgBrkBlock = RawBlock (Format "openxml") pgBrkXml ~~~ ~~~ insertPgBrks :: Block -> Block insertPgBrks (Para [Str "\newpage"]) = pgBrkBlock insertPgBrks blk = blk main = toJSONFilter insertPgBrks ~~~ into a text file titled pandoc-word-pagebreak in the working folder and called using word_document: pandoc_args: [ "--filter", "pandoc-word-pagebreak" ] in the header but to no avail. Clearly the syntax for the filter is not correct. Any thoughts? Thanks, Joel On Friday, October 3, 2014 at 9:55:22 AM UTC-4, Ken Kleinman wrote: > > Hello, folks-- > > Can anyone help me figure out how to insert a page break into a .docx, > using a file written in Markdown? > > This ought to be possible with the \f escape code (formfeed), but using > this results in a file that Word will not open, despite the fact that \n > (newline) works fine. > > Brief backstory: I'm using R and RStudio to write a mailmerge-like program > with text and personalized graphics for an NIH-funded research project. > (RStudio uses Pandoc to convert from Markdown to .docx and pre-processing > to run R code and insert results.) The goal is to return to research > participants some information about themselves in the context of the others > in the study. My plan is to generate some text and graphics within R and > use Pandoc to generate the reports. I've attached a (very) crude mock-up > of a graphic below. The page break is needed to separate reports for each > individual in the project. > > Many thanks! > > --Ken Kleinman > [image: Inline image 1] > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/2085f4cb-d713-4975-a739-9ad775cd37c4%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.