Downgrading my default TeX Live version to 2020 in the TeX Live utility fixes this. Anyway I guess this is more of a LaTeX error; I thought pandoc was suddenly loading weird conflicting packages. Thanks again. On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 2:52:21 PM UTC-4 Steve Petersen wrote: > Hi pandoc people, > > For many months now on my Mac laptop I've been getting the error "Command > \negmedspace already defined. Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the > manual." I get it even on very simple and minimal markdown files of one > line of simple unformatted text. Comparatively simple tex files compile in > LaTeX just fine, though, so there must be some package pandoc is insisting > on, or something? > > I'm using pandoc 2.18 (but had the same problem with 2.17) and TexLive > 2022. Any thoughts or hints? > > (As a workaround I've been using my linux box remotely with pandoc 2.17 > and Tex Live 2017, which works fine - but it requires compiling a sync'd > file remotely each time.) > > Thanks! > Steve > > > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/211274e0-6c1b-4d7f-a6c9-0ab0c7fe8d81n%40googlegroups.com.