@Daniel Staal, thanks for your quick reply. I have figured it out and got to know that I am using robot framework and it generate 3 file log.html, output.xml and report.html. And *I believe that output.xml must be embedded/referred from the html files. so now can you guide me how can i use pandoc to convert this file and please tell me if some other approaches are there.* *Thanks,* *Dharmishtha * On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 9:44:59 AM UTC-7, Daniel Staal wrote: > > --As of April 11, 2016 9:58:31 PM -0700, dharmi patel is alleged to have > said: > > > This is very long file and I want to convert this xml file to html > file.. > > what should I do.. Can you or anyone else please help me. Thanks in > > advance > > --As for the rest, it is mine. > > It's hard to help to much directly, as it's hard to know what needs to be > presented as a paragraph, or a table, or in emphasis, etc. from just the > XML. Again, XML is a file format format - saying something is XML says > how > to recognize the markup and what rules the markup will need to follow, but > doesn't say what the markup means in any particular context. > > If that's coming from a specific program, it might be best to see if that > program has an HTML output option. If not, google to see if someone has > created an XSLT for that type of file, and then you can feed your input > file and that XSLT (which describes what parts of the XML file need to be > what types of things in XHTML) into your XSL process of your choice. > (Some > cost thousands of dollars, some are free on the web. They vary widely in > features and interface, and I haven't done enough with them to have > recommendations.) > > If you can't find an XSLT for your type of file... Well, you can either > write one yourself, or get someone to write one for you. It can be > somewhat complex, but isn't especially difficult. Again, there are > programs and courses to help you - both free and non-free - available. > > Daniel T. Staal > > --------------------------------------------------------------- > This email copyright the author. Unless otherwise noted, you > are expressly allowed to retransmit, quote, or otherwise use > the contents for non-commercial purposes. This copyright will > expire 5 years after the author's death, or in 30 years, > whichever is longer, unless such a period is in excess of > local copyright law. > --------------------------------------------------------------- > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/216afa2a-9b4a-4e0a-946e-81efdd274b5a%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.