* Converting XML to word Docx
@ 2016-04-12  0:12 dharmi patel
       [not found] ` <f9454500-7d44-447d-9db3-7557ac614a1d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: dharmi patel @ 2016-04-12  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I am trying to converting xml file to word doc file using pandoc. Can any
one tell me, is it possible to convert xml to word docx using pandoc? If so
then can you please tell the right way  to covert xml to word using pandoc
command line.

Thanks,
dharpatel

* Re: Converting XML to word Docx
       [not found] ` <f9454500-7d44-447d-9db3-7557ac614a1d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-04-12  0:47   ` Daniel Staal
       [not found]     ` <EC22F757EA920FEECE8FFF60-3uUC32ntyBiNj9Bq2fkWzw@public.gmane.org>
From: Daniel Staal @ 2016-04-12  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

--As of April 11, 2016 5:12:55 PM -0700, dharmi patel is alleged to have
said:

> I am trying to converting xml file to word doc file using pandoc. Can any
> one tell me, is it possible to convert xml to word docx using pandoc? If
> so  then can you please tell the right way  to covert xml to word using
> pandoc  command line.

--As for the rest, it is mine.

What type of XML file?  XML is a file format format - it's a way to
describe file formats, not a format as such itself.  Pandoc can't read
arbitrary XML files, but it can read a few different XML file types: XHTML,
ODT, EPUB, DOCX, OPML, DocBook.  (A few of the other input types might be
XML as well.)

If you have an arbitrary XML file, probably easiest will be to use one of
the XML-to-XHTML translators out there, tweaked for your situation, and
then use that as an input to Pandoc.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.

@ 2016-04-12  1:00       ` dharmi patel
       [not found]         ` <7011f33f-59c4-46b6-91ac-908b26c584ad-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: dharmi patel @ 2016-04-12  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I am using html based xml file. And for XML-to-XHTML translators how do I
do that.

@ 2016-04-12  2:09           ` Scot Mcphee
       [not found]             ` <CAFnRE0Qq0HAdf0iRG=TcDD6rC72ZEHELsOobSVdo9b7GF6sKyQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Scot Mcphee @ 2016-04-12  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

isn't a "html based xml" already XHTML?

*Scot Mcphee. *
*Computer programmer. Classics PhD.*
p +61 412 957414
e scot.mcphee-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
w http://autonomous.org/

@ 2016-04-12  4:58               ` dharmi patel
       [not found]                 ` <f2d1f8ea-9db6-438d-b8b2-250bbe96f751-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: dharmi patel @ 2016-04-12  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

here is the some view of my xml file..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<robot generated="20160411 09:32:25.876" generator="Robot 3.0 (Python
2.7.11 on darwin)">
<suite
source="/Users/dharpatel/Desktop/RF-test/automate/examples/StringExamples.robot"
id="s1" name="StringExamples">
<test id="s1-t1" name="EX.1 - USES OF CATENATE">
<kw name="Catenate" library="BuiltIn">
<doc>Catenates the given items together and returns the resulted
string.</doc>
<arguments>
<arg>Hello</arg>
<arg>world</arg>
</arguments>
<assign>
<var>${str1}</var>
</assign>
<msg timestamp="20160411 09:32:26.037" level="INFO">${str1} = Hello
world</msg>
<status status="PASS" endtime="20160411 09:32:26.037" starttime="20160411
09:32:26.037"></status>
</kw>
<kw name="Catenate" library="BuiltIn">
<doc>Catenates the given items together and returns the resulted
string.</doc>
<arguments>
<arg>SEPARATOR=---</arg>
<arg>Hello</arg>
<arg>world</arg>
</arguments>
<assign>
<var>${str2}</var>
</assign>
<msg timestamp="20160411 09:32:26.038" level="INFO">${str2} =
Hello---world</msg>
<status status="PASS" endtime="20160411 09:32:26.038" starttime="20160411
09:32:26.038"></status>
</kw>
<kw name="Catenate" library="BuiltIn">
<doc>Catenates the given items together and returns the resulted
string.</doc>
<arguments>

This is very long file and I want to convert this xml file to html file..
what should I do.. Can you or anyone else please help me. Thanks in advance

@ 2016-04-12 16:44                   ` Daniel Staal
       [not found]                     ` <DB84039C05D6AC5FB0701DC8-3uUC32ntyBiNj9Bq2fkWzw@public.gmane.org>
From: Daniel Staal @ 2016-04-12 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

--As of April 11, 2016 9:58:31 PM -0700, dharmi patel is alleged to have
said:

> This is very long file and I want to convert this xml file to html file..
> what should I do.. Can you or anyone else please help me. Thanks in
> advance

--As for the rest, it is mine.

It's hard to help to much directly, as it's hard to know what needs to be
presented as a paragraph, or a table, or in emphasis, etc. from just the
XML.  Again, XML is a file format format - saying something is XML says how
to recognize the markup and what rules the markup will need to follow, but
doesn't say what the markup means in any particular context.

If that's coming from a specific program, it might be best to see if that
program has an HTML output option.  If not, google to see if someone has
created an XSLT for that type of file, and then you can feed your input
file and that XSLT (which describes what parts of the XML file need to be
what types of things in XHTML) into your XSL process of your choice.  (Some
cost thousands of dollars, some are free on the web.  They vary widely in
features and interface, and I haven't done enough with them to have
recommendations.)

If you can't find an XSLT for your type of file...  Well, you can either
write one yourself, or get someone to write one for you.  It can be
somewhat complex, but isn't especially difficult.  Again, there are
programs and courses to help you - both free and non-free - available.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.

@ 2016-04-12 17:23                       ` dharmi patel
From: dharmi patel @ 2016-04-12 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)