On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 7:15:02 AM UTC+2, John MacFarlane wrote: +++ John MacFarlane [Apr 09 16 19:39 ]: > >See BP Johnson's suggestions (recently in this list) about > > BP Jonsson, I mean! > Well — and in my OP I meant to say I started to *experiment* (not to *experience*)… :-) I'm referring to the technique of defining a macro like > > \newcommand{\wrap}[1]{#1} > > and using it to wrap things that you don't want pandoc > interpreting as Markdown. > At first I did not understand at all how I should apply this advice to my situation… However, thanks to this tipp and some more experimentation on my part, I found a solution. I’ll document it here in case someone else finds it useful too. What I did first (cul-de-sac, not working!) I created a file named *wrapmarkdown.tex* with this content: \makeatletter \newcommand{\wrapmarkdown}[1]{#1}- \makeatother and included it as a parameter into my Pandoc command: -H wrapmarkdown.tex. Into my YAML block I put this modification: mainfontoptions: \wrapmarkdown{BoldFont=WeidemannStd-Bold.otf, ItalicFont=WeidemannBookItalic.otf, BoldItalicFont=WeidemannStd-BoldItalic.otf, ItalicFeatures={Colour=AA0001}, BoldFeatures={Colour=0000 This ended up with a LaTeX output containing this code around line 17: \setmainfont[\wrapmarkdown{BoldFont=WeidemannStd-Bold.otf, ItalicFont=WeidemannBookItalic.otf, BoldItalicFont=WeidemannStd-BoldItalic.otf, ItalicFeatures={Colour=AA0001}, BoldFeatures={Colour=0000AA}, BoldItalicFeatures={Colour=AA00AA}}]{WeidemannBook} and this code around line 107: \makeatletter \newcommand{\wrapmarkdown}[1]{#1} \makeatother When compiling this to PDF, an error occurred: ! Undefined control sequence. ...st ,\l__fontspec_fontopts_clist ,\wrapmarkdown {BoldFont=WeidemannStd-Bol... ... What I did next (final solution) The error message made me move the snippet from around line 107 to lines 2-4 of my generated LaTeX file. The output PDF was created successfully after this modification. Therefore I ditched the inclusion of my *wrapmarkdown.tex* file via the -H/ --include-in-header command line parameter. Instead I hard-coded the respective lines into a custom LaTeX template, right after its initial lines, and added --template=my-custom-latex-template.latex into the command line. Another question… I assume there is no way to make -H include a code snippet at a specific spot in the LaTeX header? The problem with my original approach seems to have been that on line 17 the call to the \wrapmarkdown newcommand came *before* its definition on line 107… and that the only workaround was the one I used: to hard-code it into the LaTeX-template at an earlier line? Would it be feasible to add a variable-based approach into the default Pandoc template, which could be utilized from the command line for cases like this? ​ -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/2222a182-2c72-4c59-935a-feb01e091299%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.