* Spaces in image filenames
@ 2022-01-06 16:42 jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found] ` <33416aa7-4f25-41a4-b216-763cd799a90fn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2022-01-06 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but I've just noticed the spaces
in image filenames generate errors unless they occur with a full path. For
example:

This works:

`![One image](/Users/username/Pictures/file name.jpg)`

This doesn't:

`![Another image](file name.jpg)`

Nor does:

`![A third image](./file name.jpg)`

I've tried quoting the filename, too.

The command I'm using is the following from the directory where the files
live:

`pandoc -o test.pdf test.md -f markdown`

* Re: Spaces in image filenames
       [not found] ` <33416aa7-4f25-41a4-b216-763cd799a90fn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-01-06 23:12   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <yh480ktuegzceu.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-01-06 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org, pandoc-discuss

What exactly do you mean when you say "generate errors"?

@ 2022-01-06 23:32       ` jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]         ` <e06ad7a4-019a-4ab7-8224-3b61ea32a07bn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2022-01-06 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Here's an example:

```
~/Pictures/ > pandoc -o Downloads/test.pdf -f markdown
![one](file name.jpg)
Error producing PDF.
! Package pdftex.def Error: File
`/private/var/folders/yl/xd3tsv2x1959s23ts4k1q
t9m0000gr/T/tex2pdf.-a4cc305331e7cf2c/file name.jpg' not found: using draft
set
ting.

See the pdftex.def package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.70 ...T/tex2pdf.-a4cc305331e7cf2c/file name.jpg}
```

If I use the full path to the file, it works fine.

@ 2022-01-07  0:01           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <yh480kfsq0za4u.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-01-07  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org, pandoc-discuss

Here's the root of the issue:

 % pandoc -t native
![moon](La Lune.jpg)
[ Para
    [ Image
        ( "" , [] , [] ) [ Str "moon" ] ( "La%20Lune.jpg" , "fig:" )
    ]
]

As you see, the markdown reader converts the space to %20 in the
image path.  This is fine for HTML but when pandoc tries to
create a PDF, it causes problems.  I need to explore further,
but I'm convinced that's it, because if you try `-f native`
with the above, it fails, but replacing %20 with a space,
it then succeeds.

@ 2022-01-07  0:31               ` jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]                 ` <1c8dd209-5629-4681-a5c3-9d030d99a553n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2022-01-07  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I can see that, but I'm not sure why giving the entire path removes the
problem.

If it helps, I don't think this was a problem before (though I couldn't say
for sure or which what version).

@ 2022-01-07 20:00                   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                     ` <m2y23rb9jv.fsf-jF64zX8BO0+FqBokazbCQ6OPv3vYUT2dxr7GGTnW70NeoWH0uzbU5w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-01-07 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org, pandoc-discuss

I don't know, actually.  This should be an issue on the tracker,
if there isn't one already.

@ 2022-01-08 17:59                       ` jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]                         ` <1b058ce9-9019-471d-8470-8fe229dbc988n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: jmuc...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2022-01-08 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)